Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Television habits

1. I never watch television

1 vote(s)
  2. Couple times a week short

5 vote(s)
  3. Couple times a week long

0 vote(s)
  4. 0-1 hours a day

2 vote(s)
  5. 1-2 hours a day

3 vote(s)
  6. 2-3 hours a day

5 vote(s)
  7. 3 hours or more

2 vote(s)
  1. Jan 17, 2004 #1

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I am wondering how much time a person spends watching television a day.. be honest!!! :wink:

BTW with the couple times a week I mean occasionally or few :)
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2004
  2. jcsd
  3. Jan 17, 2004 #2
    I spend more time on Monitor rather than tv - Only for Cricket matches(IND Vs AUS)
    And for EUFA league when on one side is ManU(i'm a great fan)

Van N'roy is a great striker how u rate him Monique

And Adventure movies on Star Movies like

Brotherhood of the Wolves
    The Pirates of Carribean
    Shakespear in Love

So my total Account will be approx 10-20hrs/week
  4. Jan 17, 2004 #3

Staff: Mentor

I selected "couple of times a week short", but it's more like "per month". Although I do enjoy "Antiques road show" on PBS. Makes me afraid of ever throwing anything away. Who would have guessed that Alaskan Eskimo bark hat was worth $92,000??

My 16 year old daughter does not watch tv at all when she's home and makes fun of my "viewing habits", ok, so I watched Average Joe...a few times... Hey, how often do you see that many nerds on TV & in swimsuits?!
  5. Jan 17, 2004 #4
    Usually less than 3 hours per week. I spend more time on computer though. :smile:
  6. Jan 17, 2004 #5

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

It's often on as background noise. I honestly can't remember the last time I actually gave my full attention to an entire 30-minute television show. Every now and then Discovery or TLC will have something worth paying attention to, however. You'll often find me hanging out in my living room, reading or writing something, with the TV on but ignored.

- Warren
  7. Jan 17, 2004 #6

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Ditto. I rarely give my full attention to the TV these days...but it's almost always on. Often I realize that I've had it on for hours but with the volume turned off.
  8. Jan 17, 2004 #7
    I do the same. I developed the background noise habit after I first moved out, and ever since then I just leave it on. 90% of the time it's on the Discovery Channel, but I'm usually reading or working and not paying full attention.
  9. Jan 17, 2004 #8

Staff Emeritus
    Gold Member
    Dearly Missed

My kids set up the TV for my wife, but now I'm alone I never watch it. Last weekend they had the postseason football game with the Packers. I tried turning it on and found it wouldn't work. It had been months without going on and that was a surprise. So I followed the play-by-play on the ESPN website. Not quite the same, but not chopped liver either. Pity about the result though.
  10. Jan 18, 2004 #9
    There doesn't seem to be enough time for me to watch the shows I like. Either that or maybe because I'm really boring. I just read a lot. Right now, It's a magazine, a book and the philosophy/politics part of the forums. I'm trying to dig through all the archives and then I'll move on to the Physics one. I like memorizing the good ones.
  11. Jan 18, 2004 #10

Gold Member

Truly.:frown: Poor Brett. He's had a very tough month.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?