Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Tell me one beneficial mutation example - if there is

1. Nov 7, 2004 #1
    i always hear the same examples; antibiotics resistance of bacteria, ddt , anemia examples…. These are all invalid. Just please tell me one valid example of beneficial mutation if there is. Also backup your example please. By the way i suggest you to check this before you write http://www.evolutiondeceit.com/

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 7, 2004 #2

Integral

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Sorry, I didn't check the link before moving this here. It may need to be simply locked.

4. Nov 7, 2004 #3

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

JasonParker, why do you say the examples you've already been given are invalid?

I was going to work on a good answer for you, but decided to let you first prove your reasons for rejecting other examples since, on a hunch, I did a quick google search on a phrase in your post and found 3 other boards you spammed with the same post.

5. Nov 7, 2004 #4
    Yeah, I don't get how those are invalid cases. While mutations for antibiotic resistance are not the primary path towards immunity, this in no way discredits the fact that mutation can lead to immunity. Organisms work towards the best case scenario. If through a mutation a cell gained immunity to an antibiotic, then that cell would be selected over non-immune cells.

EDIT: Ok, I get it. I didn't look at the link before posting, but I think that it says it all. God did it so science is a lie. I apologize for contradicting you.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2004
  6. Nov 9, 2004 #5

Phobos

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Agree. Looks like another drive-by spamming.

Like Moonbear said, jason must first explain why those other examples are invalid in his opinion.

7. Nov 9, 2004 #6
    Ooh.. I dont even know where to begin on that link :uhh: . It has the standard arguments, but it is relatively interesting to think that all of the fundamentalist evangelicals keep thinking that science will prove the bible wrong.

The most suprising thing is the site design. The website itself is clean and professional, but it looks like it might have been snagged from a template.

8. Nov 9, 2004 #7

iansmith

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

it is actually a muslim fundamentalist site that defend the coran

This thread is now closed.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?