Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Tell me whats wrong with this

1. May 2, 2005 #1
    ok can anyone tell me what is wrong with my theory.
    Any country that can put satellites into space and has nuclear weapons could possiblely do this.

Firstly build a sattleite missle defense system.

Then threaten everyone, MAD loses its effect because the country is invurneable.

Finally create a world government.

2. jcsd
  3. May 2, 2005 #2

JamesU

Gold Member

yeah, probably could.

4. May 2, 2005 #3
    The widespread knowledge of and agreement with that logic is why Star Wars has been called first-strike technology since March 23, 1983.

Last edited: May 2, 2005
  5. May 2, 2005 #4

cronxeh

Gold Member

weapons in space wont save you from boots on the ground, no matter what the country in question is.

6. May 2, 2005 #5
    The neutron bomb was purportedly developed to address this issue.

7. May 2, 2005 #6
    so, my idea would work :devil:

now i just need a politiction i can use to put my plans into action.

8. May 2, 2005 #7
  9. May 2, 2005 #8
    lol...............................

10. May 2, 2005 #9
    i was just trying to beat the 10 characters thing in my last post. wah hahahahaha.

11. May 2, 2005 #10
    That wouldn't work.

Maybe you do get a satellite defense system. We could still kick it old school and fit a nuke into a plane if need be and drop it Enola Gay style.

And besides, even if you had a totally flawless nuclear defense, what authority would that grant you to form a world government?

12. May 2, 2005 #11
    no they would have a missile defence so that they could shot down nukes coming at them

13. May 2, 2005 #12
    Yeah, re-read your initial post and edited mine to suit it...

14. May 2, 2005 #13
    The fact that you can blow up anyone without them being able to blow you up.

15. May 2, 2005 #14
    Enola Gay.

And even if you can knock out all planes, someone could still bring a biological or chemical agent in by automobile and mess up your country pretty bad.

16. May 2, 2005 #15
    I saw an item today, touted as a potential plasma drive for vehicles going to Mars. They were talking enough of a pulse to make a 50 day trip of it. Then they showed the satellites reflecting the pulse, or whatever they were doing, and it sure looked like a weapon to me.

17. May 2, 2005 #16

Pengwuino

Gold Member

Well you'd need a large amount of these systems to make any difference.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?