What is the temperature calculation for soldering pins onto PCB edge pads?

In summary, the conversation discussed the challenge of calculating the temperature at the other end of a copper trace, which is connected to an IC through edge pads. The person mentions heating the pins to 300 degrees Celsius for 10 seconds and trying to calculate the temperature at the other end of the trace, but is unable to proceed further. They are seeking help with this problem.
kamath_u
I have a PCB with edge pads to which I have to solder pins.
The edge pads are connected to another IC through copper traces of length say 25 mil. Copper traces are of width 10mil and thickness 0.7 mil.

Basically I want to calculate the temperature at the IC pins when I solder the pins onto the edge pads.
Let us say if I heat the pins (at the edge pad) to 300 degree celcius for 10seconds time.
I would like to calculate temperature at the other end of the copper trace in this case?

I calculated the thermal resistance for the above copper trace, but couldnot proceed further.

Any clue for this problem will be of great help to me.

Regards,
Kamath

Science news on Phys.org
Without a diagram, this problem seems impossible to solve.

What is temperature?

Temperature is a measure of the average kinetic energy of particles in a substance or system.

How is temperature measured?

Temperature can be measured using various instruments such as thermometers, pyrometers, or thermocouples.

What is the difference between Celsius and Fahrenheit?

Celsius and Fahrenheit are two different units of temperature measurement. Celsius is based on the freezing and boiling points of water, while Fahrenheit is based on a scale invented by Gabriel Fahrenheit.

How is temperature calculated?

Temperature can be calculated using the formula T = Q/mC, where T is temperature, Q is heat energy, m is mass, and C is the specific heat capacity of the substance.

Why is temperature important in scientific research?

Temperature is an important factor in many scientific experiments and studies as it can affect the behavior and properties of substances and systems. It also plays a crucial role in understanding the fundamental laws of thermodynamics.

Back