1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I Temperature correction

1. Mar 11, 2016 #1
    Dear All,
    I have collected temperature data for a period of about 4 months with a device called ibutton attached to the surface of a concrete wall. My problem is the button is made of Stainless steel 305 and exposed to sunlight.
    I am interested in obtaining the wall surface temperature and at the same time i know the effect of the sunlight would affect temperature readings (if i am not wrong).
    does anyone know or have an idea on how i can correct these readings if i have to?

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 11, 2016 #2
    Data available to me at the moment are: average irradiance of the location, specific heat of the stainless steel 305 and that of the concrete wall (including temperature values)

4. Mar 11, 2016 #3

phyzguy

Science Advisor

Can you shade the temperature sensor and compare readings in and out of sunlight? Or can you compare readings on cloudy days vs clear days?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted