Temporary tattoo ink

Evo

Mentor
No, they remove them with lasers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRgLUoJdcOU
Doesn't that leave a bad scar?

turbo

Gold Member
My wife likes the henna "tattoos" because they can be quite detailed and impermanent. She attended the birthday party of one of our neighbors' grand-daughters, and the girls insisted that she get "tattoos" like they had. Those decals took a long time to fade. People at work even asked her why she had gotten a tattoo. Perhaps there are some companies that can create custom transfers like that...

BTW, I read somewhere that the actress that plays Abby on NCIS owns most of the tattoos that she wears, but that the spider-web tattoo on her neck is applied by make-up before each shoot.

Last edited:
Ok then ... get the tattoo. :smile:
No, the laser removal is not ideal. There seems often to be a smudgy ghost of the tattoo left over.
By the way, I forgot about, wasn't thinking about, the artistic aspect of it. If getting tattooed is the avenue of artistic (or whatever) expression that one feels one must take, then ... there's no arguing with that I guess.
Tattoo art is associated with certain Art genres, yes, but "or whatever" is more like it; it's more about fitting in with a sub-culture (an increasingly larger one, to be sure) than about artistic expression. The person getting the tattoo is rarely the artist or designer. Their function is more like 'curator' or editor, choosing what artwork and where, but not actually doing the artwork.

BTW, I read somewhere that the actress that plays Abby on NCIS owns most of the tattoos that she wears, but that the spider-web tattoo on her neck is applied by make-up before each shoot.
I thought that actress was in her twenties for the longest time. Turns out she's in her forties.

joshef

You can try for henna tattoo. But this tattoo is maximum for one month. These are temporary tattoo with no harmful effect.