Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Tempurpedic Mattresses

1. Dec 13, 2004 #1
    Has anyone else seen the ads on T.V? They seem to be quite promising... but I wonder if it actually works. Does anyone know anything about the material, or have any idea if it actually does work?

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 14, 2004 #2

Evo

Staff: Mentor

I think this is the same thing, or similar to the bed of a friend of mine. It does have the NASA Certified Space Technology seal. The material is a result of NASA space technology. He bought it at a ritzy bedding store here a few years ago. He swears by it. It does feel nice.

4. Dec 14, 2004 #3
    I think while they do feel nice, I have heard from some friends that they trap too much heat in them... so if you are like me, and don't like a bed that is too warm, it may not be wisest to get one...

5. Dec 14, 2004 #4

Evo

I can't stand heat, it wouldn't work for me. :yuck:

6. Dec 14, 2004 #5
    If they have home trials, however, it doesn't hurt to try one. I am not sure, but I don't want to spend so many thousands of dollars on a bed that I may not end up liking.

A side note though: the pillows are not too bad. I do recommend getting them, actually.

7. Dec 16, 2004 #6
    Well, there's actually no price listed on the site. Anyone know about how much they cost?

Even if it does feel nice, what about the form of the back to the bed? Is it "good"? =\

8. Dec 16, 2004 #7

Evo

The prices are listed on their website, just click on the style you want and scroll to the bottom of the page. http://www.tempurpedic.com/sleepsystems/deluxe/

Do you mean the base/box springs?

9. Dec 16, 2004 #8
    I can't really see it right now, but I'll search harder in the morning (it's late).

I meant, does it conform to good posture?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?