1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Tension question

1. Mar 2, 2005 #1
    okay . so here's the deal . i get off an airplane an hour ago , and come right to school . when i get here i find out i have one and a half hours to complete a take home quiz that was given out yesterday . the only problem is that i wasn't in class for that lecture yesterday . and since i just got off a plane , my text book is at home . so i'm hoping somebody on here will have pity on me and help me out with this question .

there is a picture of a right angle triangle that sort of looks like this

/|
    / |
    / |
    /___| but slopier . and on top of it there is a brick [t] with a directional arrow pointing up the slope .

the question reads .

calculate the tension in the rope pulling up the slope if the block is moving up the ramp, and is getting faster at the rate of 0.455 ms^-2 . express your answers as a multiple or fraction of the block's weight . the coefficient of the static friction is 0.4 , and the coefficiant of kinetic friction is 0.5 . draw a clear , clearly labelled force diagram .

now , i'm not asking for an answer [ although if somebody wanted to give me one , i'd be cool with it ] . but somebody that could tell me what to do would be a giant help . thanks .

dpg

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 2, 2005 #2

arildno

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    Dearly Missed

Now, that's about the lamest excuse I've heard at PF!
    Here's what you should do:
    List your thoughts about how to proceed.
    People will help you then, not sooner.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?