Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Tensor in fractal dimensions

1. Jun 30, 2007 #1

Hey, first I want to say my English & Math aren't the best yet, so ill be glad to explain myself again if I'll need to :smile:

I hope this question belongs to this section.

I want to ask, is there today a way to do calculations about vectors above fractal dimension? (and I would like to know how if there is)
    I think I managed to create a Metric for the distances of 2 points in some fractals, but didn't get much forward.

Thanking you in anticipation, Niv.
  2. jcsd
  3. Jun 30, 2007 #2

wow a lot of views :rolleyes:

amm if there is someone who don't know, but thinks that if there was this kind of a thing he would have know, please write that 2.

Do u think such a thing can be exist or there r theoretical limitation about it?

but ill wait in patience o:)
  4. Jul 1, 2007 #3

Homework Helper

Tensors are built from vector spaces, and the dimension of a vector space is defined as the cardinality of a basis, which must be a positive integer. I'm guessing the vector space dimension of a topological vector space matches its topological dimension in most cases, although I've never seen a proof of this.
  5. Jul 1, 2007 #4

How do I write and do calculation on those vectors?

Can I describe a vector in a that belongs to a 2.5 dimension, in less then 3 coordinates?

Do u know about cases which in the topological dimension don't much the space dimension?

Thank u very much.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?