Solving for $F(v,f)$ in Tensor $F$

• MHB
  • Thread starter smile1
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Tensor
In summary, the problem is finding the value of the tensor $e^1\otimes e_2 +e^2\otimes(e_1+3e_3)$, with given values for $v$ and $f$. The question is whether $e^1\otimes e_2$ is equal to 0 in this problem, to which the answer is no. It corresponds to a non-zero matrix and can be computed using the formula $e^i \otimes e_j (v,u^{\ast}) = u^TE_{ij}v $.
smile1
Hello everyone

Here is the problem:

Find the value $F(v,f)$ of the tensor $F=e^1\otimes e_2 +e^2\otimes(e_1+3e_3)\in T^1_1(V)$ where $v=e_1+5e_2+4e_3, f=e^1+e^2+e^3$

Does $e^1\otimes e_2=0$ in this problem?Thanks

Physics news on Phys.org
I wouldn't think so, it seems to me that $e^1 \otimes e_2$ corresponds to the matrix:

$E_{12} = \begin{bmatrix}0&1&0\\0&0&0\\0&0&0 \end{bmatrix}$

which is not the 0-matrix.

That is, that:

$e^i \otimes e_j (v,u^{\ast}) = u^TE_{ij}v $, a scalar in the underlying field.

Deveno said:
I wouldn't think so, it seems to me that $e^1 \otimes e_2$ corresponds to the matrix:

$E_{12} = \begin{bmatrix}0&1&0\\0&0&0\\0&0&0 \end{bmatrix}$

which is not the 0-matrix.

That is, that:

$e^i \otimes e_j (v,u^{\ast}) = u^TE_{ij}v $, a scalar in the underlying field.

Got it, thanks a lot:)

What is $F(v,f)$ in Tensor $F$?

$F(v,f)$ is a mathematical representation of a tensor, which is a multidimensional array of numbers. It is used to describe the relationship between two sets of vectors, $v$ and $f$.

How do I solve for $F(v,f)$ in Tensor $F$?

To solve for $F(v,f)$ in Tensor $F$, you will need to use mathematical operations such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division. You may also need to use techniques such as matrix inversion and eigenvalue decomposition. It is important to have a strong understanding of linear algebra to successfully solve for $F(v,f)$.

What are the practical applications of solving for $F(v,f)$ in Tensor $F$?

Solving for $F(v,f)$ in Tensor $F$ has many practical applications in fields such as physics, engineering, and computer science. It can be used to model complex systems, analyze data, and make predictions. For example, in physics, $F(v,f)$ can be used to describe the relationship between forces and velocities in a system.

What are some challenges in solving for $F(v,f)$ in Tensor $F$?

Solving for $F(v,f)$ in Tensor $F$ can be challenging because it involves working with multidimensional arrays and performing complex mathematical operations. It also requires a strong understanding of linear algebra and can be time-consuming for large data sets. Additionally, interpreting the results of $F(v,f)$ can be difficult and may require further analysis.

Are there any tools or resources available to help with solving for $F(v,f)$ in Tensor $F$?

Yes, there are many tools and resources available to assist with solving for $F(v,f)$ in Tensor $F$. These include software packages for linear algebra and data analysis, online tutorials and courses, and textbooks on the subject. It is also helpful to consult with other experts in the field for guidance and support.