Terminator: Dark Fate

• Thread starter new6ton
  • Start date

new6ton

Gold Member
I have a question about it. This is a semi spoiler so do not proceed if you haven't watched the latest Terminator flick, although it doesn't tell the ending so not really a spoiler although it says something about the nemesis.

Is the shapeshifting terminator (liquid like) in the movie less advanced than in part II? Why does it need a separate exoskeleton frame which is tied to it? The one in part II doesn't need it. Maybe your answer can be the "spoiler" so put a warning.

About androids in general. Even if they can be made to think. They will be very lonely and isolated, for they didn't have the power to create and uncreate reality inherent in other beings like advanced members of humanity. So someday if we tinker with androids. They are bound to kidnap and experiments on us. so beware.

All in all. The movie is enjoyable. Can EMP (this was mentioned in the movie) really destroy them?

Last edited:
Well, you’re talking about a movie robot so asking if EMP will destroy them depends on what the screenwriter decides. the writer could well say that the technology is immune to such attacks or he could have someone try and fail or try and succeed whatever advances the story in the direction he or she would want it to go.

new6ton

Gold Member
Well, you’re talking about a movie robot so asking if EMP will destroy them depends on what the screenwriter decides. the writer could well say that the technology is immune to such attacks or he could have someone try and fail or try and succeed whatever advances the story in the direction he or she would want it to go.
I don't know how many of you have seen the movie.

Mini-Spoiler about the EMP (do not proceed if you don't want to know anything about how EMP was mentioned in the movie, don't worry. It's not how the android died. It's too easy if that would be the case):

There was an EMP weapon in the movie. The action was so fast I don't know why they didn't use it. That's why I was asking why they acquired it.

new6ton

Gold Member
There was a movie about EMP called "EMP 333" days in my movie list not yet watched. https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8521500/

"After an E.M.P. (Electro Magnetic Pulse) weapon is deployed, North America is forced to live in pre industrial conditions. Anything electrical is useless, sending the country into anarchy. An introverted 11 year old girl must fend and fight for herself while trying to find her father."

So I may as well ask this question. For a car or android. What possible technology can they use to avoid EMP from frying their circuits? In Caprica, the androids were made of human cells. But for any robot or android. What is the possible protection against it?

In any of the Terminator movies. Were EMP used or mentioned? I forgot. But in the new Terminator movie. EMP was mentioned.

So I may as well ask this question. For a car or android. What possible technology can they use to avoid EMP from frying their circuits? In Caprica, the androids were made of human cells. But for any robot or android. What is the possible protection against it?
A metal box.

If thats not techy enough, then you must reverse the polarity of the EMP with a quantum translator to create a local field inversion.