Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Tesla Coil Question

1. Jan 26, 2017 #1
    So here i am thinking of Tesla coil. I have read that Tesla coil can sustain itself by getting the right "resonance". And i'm wondering how if 2 Tesla coil separated by a magnet based turbin to power the both of it. I read the theory that Tesla coil can amplify the energy because it was based on primer and secondary bobbin (google translate say this) or to exact like transformator. Can anyone explain to me in a simple way, please ?

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 26, 2017 #2

anorlunda

Staff: Mentor

:welcome:

Try Wikipedia. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tesla_coil that article explains the basics. Wikipedia is also available in many languages, so you may be able to find the article in your native language.

4. Jan 26, 2017 #3
    Already checked it and not available in my native. Tq for suggestion

5. Jan 26, 2017 #4

davenn

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

if you read that, then you are reading the wrong info (bad info)
    there will never be more energy than what was initially put into it ( that goes for any device, electrical or mechanical)

6. Jan 26, 2017 #5

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

No, sorry, that is complete nonsense.

Since you are trying to learn about the real world, please send me a Private Message with links to what you have been reading, and I'll do my best to steer you in the right direction. We do not allow nonsense in the open forums. Thread closed.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook