1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Tesla Wardenclyffe experiment, need help researching

1. Jul 19, 2014 #1
    Sorry, maybe not the best place for this but I need some guidance, so first, here's the link

[link deleted]

and here's the situation: For obvious reasons I'd be very interested in seeing this become a reality, but having no idea of the principles involved I couldn't even begin to understand whether they're on the up or not (though the 40k might be proof enough). This would all be a null point if it was just myself, as I would donate what I could and leave it at that, however, through my partner's family I may be able to involve some fairly influential/wealthy individuals, so, assuming this is legit, what I'm asking is this, how would one go about selling this project to an individual who was at one time in the top 500 wealthiest people in the UK?

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 19, 2014
  2. jcsd
  3. Jul 19, 2014 #2

Vanadium 50

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

Sorry, but that link is soliciting money. It's deleted.

As a general principle, if someone a) promises something that seems too good to be true, b) involes the spirit of Nikola Tesla, and c) asks for money, you should hold on to your wallet.

4. Jul 19, 2014 #3
    But what about the actual Wardenclyffe tower and experiment? Could someone attempt to try and build a copy of the device just to see what it could've done? That is, disregarding the questionable website. I don't expect miracles, but might not it be an interesting thing to do? Even build a smaller-scale copy?

5. Jul 19, 2014 #4

nsaspook

Science Advisor

Using the earth and sky for conduction and the induction of large amounts of electrical energy for practical uses over large distances is just impossible the way Tesla imagined. Tesla had no idea of the true physics of electromagnetic energy (radio/EM waves) and called those who did clowns and meta-physicists.
    http://earlyradiohistory.us/1919tru.htm

Last edited: Jul 19, 2014
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook