Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Test in the warehouse

1. Mar 16, 2008 #1
    experiment in the warehouse

Using a Laze light and curtain far from it 50 m. It is supposed that A is a light centre when having no aberration phenomenon. Because the earth moves at the speed of 30 km/s, therefore, at any period, the aberration phenomenon will happen at maximum - light point askew 5 mm in comparison with A for any side. 12 hours later, when the earth rotates 1/2 revolution, the aberration phenomenon will happen at maximum - light point askew 5 mm in comparison with A for the reverse side. In spite of not knowing which thing is light point centre A when having no aberration phenomenon, but when observing for 24 hours, we will see that the light point moves a distance of 10 mm. The above test has been done but the light point hasn't moved. Therefore, is there aberration phenomenon on the ground ?

Last edited: Mar 16, 2008
  2. jcsd
  3. Mar 16, 2008 #2

Doc Al

Staff: Mentor

I don't understand the "test" you are describing. What is the relevance of the earth's speed if the test is done in a warehouse? Please describe the exact situation clearly.

If you are describing an actual experiment, please provide a published reference.

4. Mar 16, 2008 #3
    I'm a Vietnamese. I don't speak Einglish

5. Mar 16, 2008 #4

ZapperZ

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

Then you need to figure out how to present and clarify the question, because it isn't clear.

Zz.

6. Mar 17, 2008 #5
    I don't know ! Can who speak Vietnamese ?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?