Test in the warehouse

Main Question or Discussion Point

experiment in the warehouse

Using a Laze light and curtain far from it 50 m. It is supposed that A is a light centre when having no aberration phenomenon. Because the earth moves at the speed of 30 km/s, therefore, at any period, the aberration phenomenon will happen at maximum - light point askew 5 mm in comparison with A for any side. 12 hours later, when the earth rotates 1/2 revolution, the aberration phenomenon will happen at maximum - light point askew 5 mm in comparison with A for the reverse side. In spite of not knowing which thing is light point centre A when having no aberration phenomenon, but when observing for 24 hours, we will see that the light point moves a distance of 10 mm. The above test has been done but the light point hasn't moved. Therefore, is there aberration phenomenon on the ground ?

Last edited:

Answers and Replies

Doc Al
Mentor
I don't understand the "test" you are describing. What is the relevance of the earth's speed if the test is done in a warehouse? Please describe the exact situation clearly.

If you are describing an actual experiment, please provide a published reference.

I'm a Vietnamese. I don't speak Einglish

ZapperZ
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
Insights Author
I'm a Vietnamese. I don't speak Einglish
Then you need to figure out how to present and clarify the question, because it isn't clear.

Zz.

I don't know ! Can who speak Vietnamese ?