Testing the No-Hair Theorem with GW150914

In summary, a recent paper analyzing LIGO data suggests that the no-hair theorem likely holds, with implications for the information paradox. However, it is not conclusive and it is unclear how this result connects to going beyond the Standard Model. The arxiv link to the paper is provided for further reference.
member 656954
TL;DR Summary
LIGO data has been used to test the no-hair theorem, suggesting that if black holes have hair, it is 'soft'.
A recent paper analyzing LIGO data suggests - though not conclusively - that the no-hair theorem likely holds, with implication for the information paradox and I was wondering where a confirmed no-hair outcome leaves us with regards going beyond the Standard Model?

https://journals.aps.org/prl/abstract/10.1103/PhysRevLett.123.111102

Physics news on Phys.org
Tghu Verd said:
I was wondering where a confirmed no-hair outcome leaves us with regards going beyond the Standard Model?

The no-hair theorem is a classical theorem, and the Standard Model is quantum field theory, so I'm not sure this paper's result has anything at all to do with going beyond the Standard Model. What connection do you think there is?

Tghu Verd said:
the no-hair theorem likely holds, with implication for the information paradox

What implications are you talking about?