Texas Chainsaw Massacre Remake

• Thread starter Sting
  • Start date
In summary: I love that.In summary, the original movie is really disturbing and not suitable for some people. The remake was not as bad, but still had graphic images.
Sting
I love horror movies but I've never seen the original because it seemed too disturbing.

Nevertheless, I went out last night with some of my classmates to watch the remake of it and then we went out for sushi afterwards.

Even now, I'm still wondering why I went to see it...

Have any of you guys seen it yet? And if so, what did you think?

If I can describe it in one word it would be disturbing...

Physics news on Phys.org
doesn't expose herself to stuff like that :)

doesn't expose herself to stuff like that :)

Herself? It wasn't a date

Actually, I really shouldn't have seen that movie because it let horrible images in my mind (and they probably won't go away).

What was really disturbing was how I was analyzing the scientific and the mathematical standpoint of the movie:

"Well, we obviously know that the event that Leatherface picks the locker with Jessica Biel in it and the event that Leatherface picks the locker with the pig in it are mutually exclusive because one locker is not going to fit both of them"

"See how Leatherface is swinging that chainsaw? You can find his center of mass easy..."

"Do you think that there is an association between rural areas and homicidal families? Give me that table of chi-square values."

date? huh?

Yeah, I have seen graphic images a few years ago on the net.. they stay in your minds eye for about a week after which they fade. I don't even go out for stuff like that anymore, rather go see some pretty pictures or movies :)

Havn't seen chainsaw massacre yet, but as long as your on the topic of 'disturbing' movies...I saw kill bill lastnight. It was an hour and a half of multi camera angled limb severing and decapitation

Tarantino did however manage to fit some culture into it. So if you don't feel like going for the gore, go for the cultural experience

date? huh?

Nevermind. Speaking of massacres, I just massacred a joke.

Yeah, I have seen graphic images a few years ago on the net.. they stay in your minds eye for about a week after which they fade. I don't even go out for stuff like that anymore, rather go see some pretty pictures or movies :)

Yes. There are some websites out there that freak me out. It's morbid and I can't believe people can actually withstand viewing things like that with an unusual calm.

That's why I'm more into comedy (even romance movies aren't that bad).

But horror movies can have a positive effect. I feel smarter after watching some of the teenagers in 80's horror movies.

I want to see Kill Bill (I might be going next Sat).

I expect a Tarantino film to be filled with that kind of stuff.

Dateline is already too much for me! (that american journalistic documentary program)

The origional movie was horrible! It was one of the worst films I have seen in my life. I would rather watch every Pauly Shore movie than see that piece of garbage again.

In many ways the original is one of the most horrifying movies made. I think part of it is because the terrible film quality makes it seem like it was filmed as it was happening with a cheap camera.

I love cheap horror flicks. Too much spent on effects and slick Hollywood camera work and you actually loose realism. Hitchcock's Psyco, Evil Dead, Invasion of the Body Snatchers, were all cheaply done.

1. What year was the "Texas Chainsaw Massacre" remake released?

The "Texas Chainsaw Massacre" remake was released in 2003.

2. Who directed the "Texas Chainsaw Massacre" remake?

The "Texas Chainsaw Massacre" remake was directed by Marcus Nispel.

3. How does the remake differ from the original "Texas Chainsaw Massacre"?

The remake follows a similar plot to the original, but has updated special effects and a different ending. It also delves deeper into the backstories of the characters.

4. Did the original cast members make an appearance in the remake?

No, the original cast did not make an appearance in the remake. The remake features a new cast of actors.

5. Was the "Texas Chainsaw Massacre" remake a box office success?

Yes, the "Texas Chainsaw Massacre" remake was a box office success, grossing over $107 million worldwide on a budget of $9.5 million.