Text recommendations

• Quantum
  • Thread starter WWCY
  • Start date
  • Tags
    text

Main Question or Discussion Point

Hi everyone, I am looking for a undergrad-level QM textbook that covers most of the following topics:

Scattering
Resonances
Entanglement
Identical Particles
QED

Ideally I'm looking for a book that is a cross between the information-dense, reference-handy text of Bransden and Joachain, while having solved problems and examples like those found in Zettili. These are the topics I will be taught in school and it'd be nice to have a text from which I can get more insight/practice. The recommended texts are Bransden and Joachain/Sakurai.

B&J don't seem do much in the "problems" department and I have heard that Sakurai might be inaccessible (content-wise and problems-wise) to undegraduate students. For some reason my course doesn't give us problem sheets to work on, which kind of explains the need for problems.

Suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Answers and Replies

DrClaude
Mentor
If you think that Sakurai may be too high a level, then I definitely recommend J. S. Townsend, A Modern Approach to Quantum Mechanics, 2nd ed. (University Science Books, 2012), which is a sort of "Sakurai light" and has a lot of good exercises.

Likes WWCY
If you think that Sakurai may be too high a level, then I definitely recommend J. S. Townsend, A Modern Approach to Quantum Mechanics, 2nd ed. (University Science Books, 2012), which is a sort of "Sakurai light" and has a lot of good exercises.
I've checked it out and it does look pretty good, thanks for the recommendation!