1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Textbook listing from a noob

1. Aug 7, 2013 #1
    This recommendation for books in different subjects I've got recommended from this forum and other resources:
    Precalculus:
    Basic mathematics by lang
    Principles of Mathematics by Carl Barnett, Allendoerfer
    Books by Gelfand
    Proof and foundation:
    How to Prove It: A Structured Approach Daniel J. Velleman
    Foundations and Fundamental Concepts of Mathematics (Dover Books on Mathematics) by Howard Eves
    Mathematical Proofs: A Transition to Advanced Mathematics (2nd Edition) by Gary Chartrand
    Book of Proof by Richard Hammack
    Calculus:
    Spivak's calculus(for familirized with proof and some calculus people,and used best by mathematics majors for mathematical purposes)
    Introduction to Calculus and Analysis by Courant (for physics and application of math purposes)
    First course in calculus by lang (to get a first impression on the subject)
    Elements of the Differential and Integral Calculus by William Anthony Granville(did not use it but I'm very impressed by it).
    linear algebra:
    Introduction to Linear Algebra by Marvin Marcus
    Linear Algebra (Dover Books on Mathematics) by Georgi E. Shilov
    Linear Algebra, 4th Edition by Stephen H. Friedberg
    Geometry:
    Kiselev's Geometry by A. P. Kiselev
    Geometry Revisited H. S. M. Coxeter
    New horizons by Apostol
    Was i misguided or is my list right?other suggestion?Can you rate this books on a scale?

Last edited: Aug 7, 2013
  2. jcsd
  3. Aug 7, 2013 #2

micromass

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor
    2016 Award

Theoristo, this is your tenth thread in a week time where you ask for textbook suggestions. If your other threads didn't get the answers you wanted, then this won't either. So please stop spamming the forum.

Locked.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook