1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Other Textbook Reading Notes

1. Dec 27, 2017 #1

jakob1111

Gold Member

Often when I read a chapter in a textbook and don't understand something, I find "reading notes" by other students extremely helpful.

Oftentimes in these notes other readers have simply written down summaries of the sections in their own words. These descriptions of the "same thing" in different words helps me fill in the gaps and clarify the things that confused me.

As an example, have a look at the notes by Zhong-Zhi Xianyu or the reading notes by Michael Nielsen for John Baez' book "Gauge Fields and Knots".

Unfortunately it's not always easy to find good notes.

Thus, my question: Do you know any great reading notes? They don't have to be about a complete textbook. Summaries/notes on specific sections would also be great.

If yes, please post a link to them here. Notes for popular textbooks like Peskin-Schröder, Jackson, Goldstein, etc. would be awesome. So far, I wasn't able to find any.

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 27, 2017 #2
    Do you have any specific subjects in mind ?

4. Dec 28, 2017 #3

jakob1111

Gold Member

Nothing specific. I would just like to see if there exist other reading notes that I haven't found so far. (Preferably on popular textbooks like Goldstein, Jackson, etc.)

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted