TextPad - Plain text processor.

• Thread starter Astronuc
  • Start date
Astronuc
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
TextPad® 4.7.3 is a powerful, general purpose editor for plain text files.

http://www.textpad.com/

A 'free' trial copy is available, but it is inexpensive, and quite powerful, and it is available in several languages.

I have used a paid copy for over 7 years. It handles text files over 100 MB without choking. One copy blocks of text or single columns, sort, create macros. Saves files in PC, UNIX, Mac formats.

Answers and Replies

I use it to compile and run my Java programs.TextPad Rocks!

dduardo
Staff Emeritus
I've gotten used to vim that I don't like to use anything else.

It's good that TextPad demo version is fully functional except that it reminds you once in a while to purchase it.

I love note pad. People in my class don't understand why. I jsut tell them it isn't loaded with the extraneous crap that word has. Word is useful for some things, but not for writing code. But a context sensitive notepad? Greatness.

franznietzsche said:
I love note pad. People in my class don't understand why. I jsut tell them it isn't loaded with the extraneous crap that word has. Word is useful for some things, but not for writing code. But a context sensitive notepad? Greatness.
Word is out of question. :mad: As soon as you start writing code it will start auto-corrections and underlining of errors. The simpler the better. Personally I hate tools overloaded with features. They are slow, difficult to use, and may crash. Notepad would do for me to write any kind of source file.

ramollari said:
Word is out of question. :mad: As soon as you start writing code it will start auto-corrections and underlining of errors. The simpler the better. Personally I hate tools overloaded with features. They are slow, difficult to use, and may crash. Notepad would do for me to write any kind of source file.
You can allways disable the features you dont like. :biggrin:

Last edited: