Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Thank you for welcoming me into your world of Physics Forums

1. Jul 1, 2015 #1
    Hello out there how is everyone? I'm at your mercy....:bow:

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 1, 2015 #2

BiGyElLoWhAt

Gold Member

NONE SHALL PASS

4. Jul 1, 2015 #3

BiGyElLoWhAt

Gold Member

Side note, I'm pretty good. How are you?

5. Jul 1, 2015 #4
    Doing well, thank you. I'm getting ready to leave for the weekend. Do you have plans for the 4th of July Holiday?

6. Jul 1, 2015 #5
    Those are some strong words there.....

7. Jul 1, 2015 #6
    Meaning I'm fumbling/navigating myself around this site. Not sure of what I'm doing......

8. Jul 1, 2015 #7

BiGyElLoWhAt

Gold Member

Nothing huge, band practice with the whole band Thursday, practice with my bass player Friday, not really anything Saturday, but I'm going to the lake on Sunday for tubing and fireworks. Where are you going?

9. Jul 1, 2015 #8

BiGyElLoWhAt

Gold Member

:headbang:
    Just don't do this

10. Jul 1, 2015 #9
    Sounds like a good weekend planned.
    What kind of music do you play?
    Do you have a website?
    I'm doing lots of the domestic thing and hopefully BBQ'ing with family members. Spending some quality time with my pets. Avoiding the loud fireworks and stupid people who like to shoot their fire arms in the air like total idiots... Don't they know that what goes up must come down?

11. Jul 1, 2015 #10
    I do THAT all the time....

12. Jul 1, 2015 #11

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

Welcome to the PF.

Pull down the INFO menu at the top right of the page, and click on Help/Howto -- that should help to get you going here at the PF. :smile:

13. Jul 1, 2015 #12
    I appreciate your assistance.

14. Jul 1, 2015 #13
    why is there an "eye" next to my name I see a lock on some of the names..... what does this mean? Please?

15. Jul 1, 2015 #14

berkeman

The eye next to a thread name means you are "watching" it. So you either have posted in the thread, or you have clicked "Watch Thread" above the first post in the thread.

The only locks I see are on threads that the Mentors have locked/closed for some reason. Very old threads are generally closed, and problematic threads are sometimes closed at the discretion of the Mentors. :smile:

16. Jul 1, 2015 #15

Much appreciated.

17. Jul 1, 2015 #16

berkeman

You're welcome.

BTW, since this New Member Introduction forum is for intros only, if you have more questions about how the forum works, it's best to post them in the Feedback forum, which is nearby in the Lounge section of the PF. :smile:

18. Jul 1, 2015 #17
    Thank you Greg for your welcome and for sharing the links for me to review also thanks to berkeman and BiGyElLoWhAt for taking time to answer my questions.
    Have a safe and happy 4th of July my new found friends.....

19. Jul 1, 2015 #18
    I'll have some time over the weekend to hopefully dash around in here and get a bit more acquainted with more of the PF members.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook