1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Thank you letter for advisor

1. Jul 3, 2012 #1
    Hi guys,

Last term I joined the research group of one of the professors in my university, and I did a one-semester research project with him. He offered me to continue on with the project and with his group for my final year thesis, but I think I do not want to. This is because I have decided that I want to do theoretical physics, and I will join one theoretical condensed matter group.

So, I want to write him a thank-you email, for all what he has given to me. Do you guys have a sample of thank-you letter, or perhaps, could you give me ideas, tips and hints of writing one?

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 3, 2012 #2

ZapperZ

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor
    2016 Award

Just thank him sincerely for his offer and for a great experience working with him, and express a regret that you've already accepted an offer to work in another group.

Z

4. Jul 3, 2012 #3

Nabeshin

Science Advisor

I would say if you can, just meet with him in person and explain to him the situation and thank him.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook