Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Thank You, Members!

1. Dec 15, 2016 #1
    Another year has passed us by at Physics Forums and it's another year I am not any less amazed how fantastic this community is. It's heart warming to see a group of people from absolutely all demographics come together in the name of good science and good company. A community is only as good as it's people and well we got some pretty damn fine people here! I thank you for your membership, friendship and participation. Here's to another great year and to 2017!

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 15, 2016 #2

Drakkith

Staff: Mentor

Thank you to all of our members! You're all beautiful people and you should feel good about yourselves!!

4. Dec 15, 2016 #3
    Except @phinds of course :-p:biggrin:

5. Dec 15, 2016 #4

Drakkith

Well, when you have a face not even a mother could love...

6. Dec 15, 2016 #5

phinds

Gold Member
    2016 Award

ARF ARF. Grrrrrrrrr !

7. Dec 15, 2016 #6

jedishrfu

but maybe if he shaved and walked backwards.

8. Dec 15, 2016 #7

phinds

Gold Member
    2016 Award

No, then I'd look like what @Drakkith looks like under the helmet. As it is, I am a handsome, happy, kind, slightly less than obedient Great Pyrenees. But keep in mind ... I have teeth. :smile:

9. Dec 15, 2016 #8

Charles Link

Homework Helper

@Greg Bernhardt
    Voter turnout is moderate, but a little slow so far. Suggestion is to put a couple more alerts out during the day and until the polls close, urging members to vote. Otherwise, I'm very much enjoying watching the votes come in for the different categories. :-) :-)

10. Dec 15, 2016 #9
    Always less than you'd expect, but no fear, we have two weeks of voting :)

11. Dec 15, 2016 #10

jedishrfu

How about some fake news that seems to work nowadays?

12. Dec 15, 2016 #11
    "Breaking News! The Russian's hacked the PF Member Award polls!" :biggrin:

13. Dec 15, 2016 #12

Drakkith

Well, you could do worse...

14. Dec 15, 2016 #13

phinds

Gold Member
    2016 Award

A likely story.

15. Dec 15, 2016 #14

1oldman2

Gold Member

"Back at you" :smile: (nice avatar upgrade)

16. Dec 16, 2016 #15
    I appreciate the members and the mentors, but someone also needs to thank Greg for his leadership in putting this place together and keeping it afloat. I'm not sure exactly all that is involved, but it sure seems like a lot of work.

And PF is a tremendous service to the broad community: teachers, students, physicists, and many folks in related fields. I often wish there were forums of this quality in other areas of interest.

Thanks Greg!

17. Dec 16, 2016 #16

ZapperZ

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor
    2016 Award

Hey, do you guys know what you will be wearing to the PF Banquet? The invitation didn't say if it is formal attire or not.

{ZapperZ always looks forward to great food and drinks at the banquet}

Zz.

18. Dec 16, 2016 #17
    Wow, I can comment here !!
    Well, thanks all member for our support to PF Forum.
    Thanks mentors and staffs and science advisors and Admin.
    Thanks @Dale , thanks @phinds , thanks @Nugatory , thanks Peter Donis, @Ygggdrasil , and all of you who have been helping me with my insatiable curiosity.
    And of course thanks Greg and Evo.
    Where's Peter Donis?

19. Dec 16, 2016 #18

jedishrfu

20. Dec 16, 2016 #19
  21. Dec 18, 2016 #20
    Physics forums is a pool of knowledge, and creative discussions. Love it and thank you @Greg Bernhardt for your great commitment towards making a great site that only returns those who have a peek in with some knowledge, and all the mentors, staff for keeping this a civilized place for decent discussions, and Mmmmm yeah thank everybody every member for whatever thread they've created as it's those threads that distribute the knowledge!
    Thanks everyone!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?