Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Featured Thank You PF Mentors!

1. Dec 13, 2018 #1
    PF owes much of it's success because of our tireless volunteer Mentor crew. In 2018 they dealt with well over 3000 reports! Some take 5 minutes and some take days to handle. But community policing is just one of dozens of hats they wear. I am always proud to learn about a Mentor taking extra patient time to explain a science concept, forum issue or question in private that literally takes days. These situations are not rare and they take incredible energy. We have a special crew and are so lucky!

The Mentor crew has been exceptionally amazing in 2018 when in March I landed a new job that has taken a lot of time away from PF. The Mentors have taken even more responsibility for the well being of the community and we are all in their debt.

Please help me by posting a message of thanks for their relentless efforts!

Current
    @anorlunda @berkeman @bhobba @Borek @Chestermiller @Dale @Evo @Doc Al @DrClaude @fresh_42 @gneill @jedishrfu @Mark44 @jtbell @jim mcnamara @mfb @NascentOxygen @Nugatory @PeterDonis @russ_watters

This year I also want to recognize our Mentors from the past. PF is absolutely an evolution. Every year PF builds upon itself and gets better. We've had a lot of incredibly influential Mentors from the past who played a big part in molding PF to what it is today even if some aren't a frequent member anymore. None-the-less they should be remembered and supremely thanked!

Historical
    @Monique (Niqqie,theOwl) @JordanW @Silverquest @Phobos @grady @dav2008 @MacCoder @joaoninhio @Beatle42 @SCOTT2004 @Sting1983 (Sting) @stephen @Integral @Zero @Kerrie (skorpiano) @BryanGmyrek @Tom Mattson (Tom) @Janus @ahrkron @damgo (alis) @selfAdjoint @chroot @Hurkyl @Engima @Another God @HallsofIvy @Ivan Seeking @dduardo @iansmith @hypnagogue @Gokul43201 @ZapperZ @loseyourname @Moonbear @SpaceTiger @vanesch @pervect @Math Is Hard @Astronuc @cristo @George Jones @Hootenanny @Kurdt @Redbelly98 @Vanadium 50 @D H @bcrowell @Ryan_m_b @micromass @vela @lisab @cepheid @Fredrik @SammyS @Office_Shredder @SteamKing @Drakkith @Orodruin @stevendaryl

Now go and vote liberally in the member award polls!
    https://www.physicsforums.com/forums/2018-pf-member-award-polls.266/

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 13, 2018 #2

davenn

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Thanks to all our mentors that help to keep everyone in line :smile::biggrin:

4. Dec 13, 2018 #3

QuantumQuest

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Great thanks to all mentors for their excellent work in all respects.

5. Dec 14, 2018 #4

Krushnaraj Pandya

Gold Member

Thank you, from all the countless students who have developed their interest in physics due to these people and their efforts!

6. Dec 14, 2018 #5

Tom Mattson

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Wow, the Historical list sure is a blast from the past! And it's amazing to see how many of my old colleagues are STILL mentoring this great forum!

7. Dec 14, 2018 #6

ZapperZ

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor
    2018 Award

And wow! Speaking of a blast from the past! You reappeared out of nowhere, Tom!

Zz.

8. Dec 14, 2018 #7

Tom Mattson

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Greg sent me a link to the thread via Facebook. :-D

9. Dec 14, 2018 #8
    Tom was one of the mentors who helped move PF out of the dark ages! A huge contributor to writing our early quality guidelines!

10. Dec 14, 2018 #9

Buzz Bloom

Gold Member

11. Dec 15, 2018 #10
    Thanks to Berkeman who shows interest in my post regarding a magnetic field coming out from a charged disk.

12. Dec 20, 2018 #11

Grinkle

Gold Member

You are the 'bulb' in the lighthouse. This site is amazing, and you all make it so.

13. Dec 20, 2018 #12
    Thank you, Mentors! Have a lovely Christmas and New Year's, and all the very best for 2019! :smile:

14. Dec 20, 2018 #13
    great site and imo is so because of the quality of mentors. :woot:

PeterDonis
    Dale

15. Dec 20, 2018 #14

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

I'm the dimmest Mentor bulb here, but it's truly special and a pleasure to be part of this group. Honestly, the very high level of technical expertise in the upper levels of science and math in the Mentor and SA groups combined with our sincere desire to help folks learn is amazing. The PF rocks at all levels. :smile:

Last edited: Dec 20, 2018
  16. Dec 21, 2018 #15

cobalt124

Gold Member

This is the first and many times the only place I come to to find out the latest news in Physics and have done for many years. Brilliant job by the Mentors and SAs. Thank you and Happy Holidays and a Prosperous New Year!

17. Dec 21, 2018 #16
    Cheers guys. Apologies for some stuff mid year. I took my medicine I hope. You have a tricky job and it is appreciated. thanks. Props to Evo Dr Claud and Mark44 and Fresh42.

18. Dec 21, 2018 #17
    Thanks to all PF mentors for another good year!

Remember...

2997727-2969790.jpg

...so...

1ell2v.jpg

19. Dec 21, 2018 #18
    Thanks to all the PF mentors especially for making me think a lot before asking questions, and how simple questions may lead to huge problems.This really helped me out in real life!

20. Dec 23, 2018 #19

dlgoff

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

You're much too modest with your thousands of lumens guiding us engineers over the years. Thanks for being here @berkeman.

Thanks to all the mentors and especially our leader @Greg Bernhardt.

21. Dec 23, 2018 #20

chwala

Gold Member

Nice to be here in Physics Forums, i have benefited immensely.

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?