Thank You PF - Moderators and Staff Appreciation

• Thread starter NeoDevin
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about thanking the moderators and staff of the forum for doing an excellent job in keeping the forum free of nonsense and crackpottery. The conversation also discusses the importance of having good moderators and the negative effects of an unmoderated forum. And finally, there is a discussion about the concept of 0.999... reaching one.
NeoDevin
Thank you PF!

I want to thank all the moderators and staff from here for doing an excellent job keeping the crackpottery and nonsense to a minimum. I present this as an example of what might happen without you:

http://forum.physorg.com/index.php?showtopic=13177 [Broken]

Note, this topic is currently at 271 pages and counting.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
:) You raise a great point. I think what makes PF so great; among other things of course, is the fact that our moderators are so good at ensuring that our forum is kept clean of such nonsense.

I fully support that thanks.

(By the way, what really stuns me is that like 40% "voted" No in that poll... wtf? :confused:)

CompuChip said:
(By the way, what really stuns me is that like 40% "voted" No in that poll... wtf? :confused:)
unmoderated forum = crank magnet

But how can 0.999... ever reach one?

:tongue2:

It doesn't, the proof is http://forum.physorg.com/index.php?showtopic=13177 [Broken] :tongue:

Last edited by a moderator:

1. What is "Thank You PF" and why is it important?

"Thank You PF" is an online forum dedicated to expressing gratitude and appreciation to the moderators and staff of the Physics Forums website. It is important because these individuals work tirelessly to maintain a respectful and informative community for all users.

2. How do moderators and staff contribute to the Physics Forums community?

Moderators and staff play a crucial role in maintaining the quality and integrity of discussions on Physics Forums. They monitor and enforce forum rules, provide guidance and assistance to users, and help keep the forum organized and informative.

3. How can I show my appreciation to the moderators and staff?

You can show your appreciation by participating in "Thank You PF" threads and leaving positive comments and messages for the moderators and staff. You can also follow the forum rules and be respectful towards them and other users.

4. Are there any guidelines for expressing appreciation on "Thank You PF"?

Yes, there are guidelines in place to ensure that all posts on "Thank You PF" are respectful and appropriate. These guidelines include avoiding personal or offensive remarks and refraining from discussing forum moderation or administrative decisions.

5. Can I nominate a specific moderator or staff member for appreciation on "Thank You PF"?

Yes, you can nominate a specific moderator or staff member by mentioning their username in your post. However, please keep in mind that all moderators and staff members contribute to the community and deserve appreciation and respect.