My Journey from a C to a B in Calc I

• Thread starter tony873004
  • Start date
In summary, the speaker received a B in their Calculus I class, thanks to the help of others in this forum. They previously earned a C in the class, but felt they deserved an F and were not prepared for Calculus II. This time, they understood almost everything and only made minor mistakes on the final exam, preventing them from getting an A. They plan to take Calculus II next semester and are grateful for the assistance of others in this forum.
tony873004
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I just barely missed an A. I got a B in my calc I class :tongue: , thanks in large part to the people who answered my questions in this forum this semester, and those who answered other people's questions which I also found useful.

The first time I took Calc I, I got a C, but I feel I deserved an F. I understood nothing, and I wasn't ready for Calc II. This time I got a B and understood almost everything. It wasn't a lack of understanding. Only dumb mistakes on the final exam kept me from an A. So next semester, it's Calc II. Get ready for more questions :smile: .

Thanks again to everyone here who helped me with the tough homework problems this semester:wink:

Physics news on Phys.org
Congratulations, and I hope I helped you in some small way. :smile:

Yah, keep up the good work. Try your best, and you will get an A in your next calc course. :approve:
Good luck, :smile:

1. How did you go from a C to a B in Calc I?

I put in a lot of extra effort outside of class, including attending tutoring sessions, doing extra practice problems, and seeking help from my professor. I also made sure to review material regularly and stay on top of assignments.

2. What study techniques did you find most helpful?

I found that practicing problems and explaining concepts to others helped solidify my understanding of the material. I also found it useful to create study guides and flashcards to review key concepts and formulas.

3. What challenges did you face along the way?

I struggled with time management and keeping up with the fast pace of the course. I also found certain topics, such as derivatives and integrals, to be more difficult and had to put in extra effort to understand them.

4. Did you use any additional resources to help improve your grade?

Yes, I utilized online resources such as Khan Academy and YouTube videos to supplement my learning. I also joined a study group with classmates to work through practice problems together.

5. What advice do you have for others looking to improve their grade in Calc I?

My biggest piece of advice is to stay organized and on top of the material. Don't be afraid to seek help from your professor or classmates if you're struggling. Practice, practice, practice - the more problems you work through, the more comfortable you will become with the material. And most importantly, don't give up - with dedication and hard work, you can improve your grade in Calc I.