Thanks everyone!

• Thread starter Cyrus
  • Start date
His real name is Cyrus? Wow.

Look REALLY closely at the Cyrus part, you might find a slight change in the tone of paper colour :wink:

Congrats Cyrus! What you plan on doing next then? I can't wait until I am in your position, though I have a long 5 or 6 years to go :frown:

Congrats again!

lisab
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Congrats!

Danger
Gold Member
Sorry I've been out of the picture for a while, I'm assuming Cyrus is the Cyrusobaldia - Apologies if I spelt it wrong - In which case well done, your hard work has paid off; if not all the same. Congrats. :smile:

I wondered about that when this new username showed up recently. Are you the same Cyrus? Regardless, it really is great to see another PF alumnus going big-time.
I know that it's out of place for me to say than I'm proud of you, since we have no idea as to who each other really is, and I've had nothing to do here with furthering your education, but I guess it's because PF really does feel like family to me... so I'm proud of you anyhow. You did well, lad. Be proud (but not egotistic) of yourself.
Now you have some creds to back yourself up when helping newbies. (And you had damned well better stick around here and help newbies, or I'll have to come looking for you...)
Cheers, mate, to a job well done.

G01
Homework Helper
Gold Member
Congrats Cyrus! Enjoy the graduation parties and good luck on the job/grad school market, whichever it may be!:approve:

Im almost half way into my semester as a grad student. Im taking two classes, have my own office, all the grad students are great and work together on homeworks, plus im getting paid good money in the process, and my tuition is fully covered. I have time for the gym, going out on weekends, and I get to play with RC airplanes as my research. Slaving away as an undergrad finally paid off. I would NEVER want to grind out undergrad ever, again. :yuck:

Last edited:
Hootenanny
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Congratulations Cyrus, very well deserved indeed!

George Jones
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Congrats Cyrus!

JasonRox
Homework Helper
Gold Member
Congrats man!

G01
Homework Helper
Gold Member
Im almost half way into my semester as a grad student. Im taking two classes, have my own office, all the grad students are great and work together on homeworks, plus im getting paid good money in the process, and my tuition is fully covered. I have time for the gym, going out on weekends, and I get to play with RC airplanes as my research. Slaving away as an undergrad finally paid off. I would NEVER want to grind out undergrad ever, again. :yuck:

I still got 2.5 semesters of undergad left!:yuck: I'm looking forward to moving on...

Anyway, good for you Cyrus! Glad to hear your enjoying your new higher place on the academic food chain.:biggrin:

Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Congratulations Cyrus!!!

cristo
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Congrats Cyrus! That's a sweet certificate and frame, too!

Chi Meson
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
...And anyone I forgot to mention.

... You're Welcome.

I don't remember ever actually helping you though.

:suddenly gets it:

Congratulations then, I guess.