• Thread starter Moonbear
  • Start date
Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member

Main Question or Discussion Point

Hi folks.

After many years here, I'm resigning my mentor title and leaving the forum. I've had a lot of fun here and made a lot of friendships among the membership here.

Don't worry, I'm not dying or anything, just reevaluating my priorities, and unfortunately, PF cannot be one of them anymore.

I wish you all well. I'll miss a lot of people here.

Answers and Replies

Doc Al
Mentor
WTF is going on here?????

You can't go, Moonbear. :frown: :cry:

RonL
Gold Member
Who thinks OLD men can't be heart broken ??:cry:

Best wishes for whatever you do.:smile:

dlgoff
Science Advisor
Gold Member
This is a real shock. :surprised :cry:

G01
Homework Helper
Gold Member
Unfortunately, I think your serious.

Moonbear, your one of the shining lights of this forum. Very few members come close in making a contribution to PF that is as large as yours has been.

I hope you reconsider your decision, but if not, good luck to you. I wish you the best.

:frown:

Last edited:
turbo
Gold Member
What a sad day....

Kurdt
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I hope you're not going for good Moonie. You can pop in from time to time? :frown:

Borek
Mentor
leaving the forum
You mean like "click, the lights go off"? Like "I will never browse nor comment on anything"? I don't get it :frown:

Good luck, if you will ever need some wicked advice, you know the URL.

You mean like "click, the lights go off"? Like "I will never browse nor comment on anything"? I don't get it :frown:
Ditto.

But thanks for your services as a mentor. :)

matthyaouw
Gold Member
Aw :frown:

Best of luck with whatever you do.

brewnog
Science Advisor
Gold Member
She's bluffing. She must be bluffing. Moonbum, are you bluffing? I can understand the resignation of mentorness, but leaving completely?

We demand an explanation!

Danger
Gold Member
Jeez, Moonie... this is a kicker. It's nice to hear that your life is going so well, but we'll certainly miss you. Hang onto my e-mail address.

I hope this means you get to have a little more fun, and a lot more romance. Thanks for all you have done:!!) We will always love ya!

:eek: :bugeye: this I was not expecting. :cry: what's happening.

Bye Moonbear! Good Luck!

tiny-tim
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
waah! :cry: :cry:

Redbelly98
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Insights Author
Wow. Good luck Moonbear!

GCT
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Hi folks.

After many years here, I'm resigning my mentor title and leaving the forum. I've had a lot of fun here and made a lot of friendships among the membership here.

Don't worry, I'm not dying or anything, just reevaluating my priorities, and unfortunately, PF cannot be one of them anymore.

Thanks for giving me my sole infraction - otherwise I appreciate the advice that you posted to some of my posts. :smile: I wish you a very happy future - probably career related.

Lisa!
Gold Member
Good luck, Moonie!:smile:

LowlyPion
Homework Helper
Sorry to see your voice go silent here. I think you have provided a really sound perspective. Surely we can hope you won't be totally silent.

But best of luck regardless in whatever draws you away, and in whatever is to be writ in your next chapter.

NOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo........:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I concur with Cyrus...

Good luck with all you should choose to do.

OmCheeto
Gold Member
Hi folks.

I never did find out your nick from the Dr. Neutrino forum.

Perhaps we will meet again in another 12 years.

Godspeed.

Integral
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Moonbear,
I have noted your absence over the last few days. I am very sorry to hear this, it is a sad day indeed.
Good luck to you.

Integral

Defennder
Homework Helper
Really sorry to see you leave, Moonbear. Hope you'll be able to pop back in from time to time, even if it's just once a month or so.