1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Thanks Tide but i still dont understand the second half of the question

1. Sep 9, 2004 #1
    Thanks Tide but i still dont understand the second half of the question!!!!!

Hey Tide, thanx 4 helping me wif the first part but im still stumped on the second part. Can u plz give me some equations or a means of solving the question about the velocity of the car??? Thanx!!

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 9, 2004 #2

HallsofIvy

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

You started a new thread and didn't copy the problem here so I have no idea what you are asking. I searched for "Alonzo" and got "this is a tricky one" but that was answered by Arildno, not Tide.

Hopefully Tide will know what you are talking about!

4. Sep 9, 2004 #3

HallsofIvy

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

Okay, I found it. (Alonzo is a "damsel"?)

? if all of that energy could be used to accelerate a 1000 kg car from rest, what would be the car's final speed?

The kinetic energy (1/2)m v2 would have to be equal to "all of that energy". Solve for v.

5. Sep 9, 2004 #4

Tide

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Thanks, Halls! I just found the problem she was referring too as well.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?