Thanks to everyone

I'm feeling the need to thank the members of this forum for being so helpful and knowledgeable and for the admins and moderators who keep everything on track and relevant, it's an amazing learning resource.

I recently joined a number of Space Science related Facebook groups and they are a total mess with misinformation, personal opinion, people making stuff, people attempting to discredit science as it does not fit in with their religious views etc.

It makes me appreciate this forum so much more.

Thanks Everyone :)

• Love
Likes gentzen, pinball1970, Ibix and 18 others

Answers and Replies

phinds
Science Advisor
Insights Author
Gold Member
2021 Award
Facebook groups
1622062498596.png

• Haha
Likes Ibix, hutchphd, DennisN and 2 others
Klystron
Gold Member
Aside from a few dedicated hobby forums, I stay current by reading several major and a few local digital newspapers including representative moderated reader comments. I remain patient with responses to socio-political articles but lose patience with many responses to technology and science articles.

"Where are the moderators?", one wonders. How can a reputable source allow such drivel be published?

Then I come back to PF, restore sanity and some measure of reality, able to continue the task to remain informed.

phinds
Science Advisor
Insights Author
Gold Member
2021 Award
@Klystron I agree w/ you. I've posted a number of times here on PF about inane "science" statements in seemingly reputable publications (e.g. Time Magazine) and the apparent utter lack of ANY kind of editing much less competent science editing.

I've already posted my opinion of Facebook groups.