Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Thats it, no more microwave

1. Dec 1, 2005 #1

Pengwuino

Gold Member

Ok, since i can barely enjoy the godly food the local deli has prepared to me... im going to rant. I hate microwaves with really massive foods like this slab of lasagna. The food never heats up evenly. They toss some instructions on the package going "Microwave for 3 minutes". My ass... I put it in 4 minutes and hte middle is still kinda cool.

Booo microwaves!

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 1, 2005 #2
    You're right. Microwave ovens are a horrible invention! Maybe it's time for a new microwave oven? :rolleyes:

4. Dec 1, 2005 #3

Pengwuino

Gold Member

I shall make a plasma based microwave oven. Now you can have your taco at 10,000,000,000 degrees.

5. Dec 1, 2005 #4

Danger

Gold Member

You'll also have to invent better oven mitts.

6. Dec 1, 2005 #5

wolram

Gold Member

Nah, just reinvent fire, food tastes so much better cooked the primitive way.

7. Dec 2, 2005 #6
    I think there are special thingimabobers you can get that make it heat more evenly aren't there?

8. Dec 2, 2005 #7
    is thingimabobbers their technical name? at least you have a microwave, we aren't allowed to have them in our dorms, so you just have let your frozen burrito heat up on the window sill...

9. Dec 2, 2005 #8
    That's good Idea I think I should put a patent on it since my great great great great great great great great great Grandfather's uncle stepfather
    counsin invted fire:rofl: he also inveted the wheel but then some guy in Iraq stole it.:mad: :mad:
    They should make food that can heat itself up.

10. Dec 2, 2005 #9
    Shhhh! that's what T Rex said and he got mammals. look where that left him

11. Dec 2, 2005 #10

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

"No, honest, it's a coffee table under that table cloth.... The cord? What cord? Oh, just some crazy idea one of my artsy friends had to make it look like the table plugs in. It's supposed to be a statement on how much energy we waste. That's all. No, of course it's not a microwave, those aren't allowed in the dorm rooms." :uhh:

12. Dec 2, 2005 #11

Danger

Gold Member

As well you shouldn't. Those things should be kept away from youngsters; they can frizzle your heir.

13. Dec 2, 2005 #12
    I sprayed coke out of my nose instead of into it because of that.

Sorry, I couldn't resist. I'll go back to my corner now.

14. Dec 2, 2005 #13

Danger

Gold Member

:eek: I hope you didn't break your straw!

15. Dec 2, 2005 #14
    Now then, that's enough. first moonbear's urging the breaking of dorm law now you two are okaying drugs. what's next? hey pengwino want to earn a few extra dollars? How are you at pleasing a man?

Last edited: Dec 2, 2005
  16. Dec 2, 2005 #15
    I've heard quite good actually :biggrin:

17. Dec 2, 2005 #16

SpaceTiger

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

But where are we to get our cosmological parameters?! :bugeye:

18. Dec 2, 2005 #17

Pengwuino

Gold Member

From something thats better at warming my food! The infrared background radiation!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?