1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

That's that rho of s

1. Sep 7, 2013 #1
    Please help me. What does the Prof. Walter Lewin mean by this "that is that rho of s"?
    Here is the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rp1orH7OC1c&list=SP854AA255B15C574C&index=17#t=31m20

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 7, 2013 #2

Pythagorean

Gold Member

I think he starts talking about it around 8:30 and eventually makes his way to the right end of the board around 9:30. He has an electric field dependent on rho_s I think he meant "rho sub s" (rho with subscript s).

4. Sep 7, 2013 #3
    Thanks. Can you explain why the positive or negative of these wires are related to the rho of s?

5. Sep 8, 2013 #4
    Any help?

6. Sep 8, 2013 #5

Pythagorean

Gold Member

I don't remember the exact setup and currently on mobile, but I thought the setup was the two wires were each on opposite terminals of a battery, so you have a positive charge on one wire and a negative on the other.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook