Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

The £100,000 cornflake

1. Mar 19, 2008 #1

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

The topography doesn't look right to me.
  2. jcsd
  3. Mar 19, 2008 #2

Staff: Mentor

That's nothing - I sold my "Battles of the Civil War" collection for half a mil.
  4. Mar 19, 2008 #3

And not a lot of people know this but the word gullible is not in the dictionary.
  5. Mar 19, 2008 #4
    It's not?

The Illinois corn flake sort of looks correct. I'm way more impressed by the one next to it. Is it just me or does it look just like a dime?
  6. Mar 19, 2008 #5
    Of course not, that right hand cornflake is a most accurate representation of Gran Canaria

Experts have estimated it to be worth at a minimum, $ 0,10. But E-bay auctions are unpredictable and it may be worth a lot more to specific Gran Canaria maps collectors.
  7. Mar 19, 2008 #6
    Is the US worth more now that we have found a State that looks like a cornflake?
  8. Mar 19, 2008 #7

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I wonder what a collection of all fifty states would fetch? :biggrin:
  9. Mar 19, 2008 #8

Well, your overall value has shot up by £100,000. Which at the exchange rate in 2 weeks time should be about 3.4 trillion USD.
  10. Mar 19, 2008 #9
    Just barely enough to pay for the war in Iraq!
  11. Mar 19, 2008 #10
    I'll take a box of them.
  12. Mar 19, 2008 #11
    You know, my first thought was that this would be a Virgin Mary or Jesus flake. Anybody else think that?
  13. Mar 19, 2008 #12

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

...Cyrus, all of a sudden you look so...level...

Glad to see you kicked the habit!
  14. Mar 19, 2008 #13

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I think I'm going to have to start eating more cornflakes and hunting for states! Do you think cornflakes shaped like Illinois are the only collectible ones, or can I get that much for other states? I think I'll start looking for OH...that seems like a good cornflake shaped state.
  15. Mar 19, 2008 #14
    Well if you have never seen what the corn flak resembles, your brain wouldnt create the perception that it looks like Illinois, and probly would have been eaten by the person that found it, I'm sure he/she glad that he didnt...

Just another way how the brain's perception of object's in the means of relation's to another object could make you rich.

reminds me of the thread about rolex wacthes. It's just a clock, and its just a corn flak. well in my perception of it's worth it is... and it's clear that they think its worth that much, just for a rich guy to show off to his friends, and say (hey look i got somthing you dont got)... makes me wonder what the resale value of that corn flak is :D!!!
  16. Mar 19, 2008 #15
    good luck try'n' to keep it from decompossing
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?