What is the 2-Variable Intuition Test?

In summary, the person scored above average on their scientific intuition and emotional intuition. They scored lower than average on their interpersonal intuition.
Evo
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
My score on The 2-Variable Intuition Test:

More Scientific

(You have: 77% SCIENTIFIC INTUITION and 70% EMOTIONAL INTUITION)

The graph on the right represents your place in Intuition 2-Space. As you can see, you scored above average on emotional intuition and well above average on scientific intuition.Your scientific intuition is stronger than your emotional intuition.

ig23kf5.gif

Your Emotional Intuition score is a measure of how well you understand people, especially their unspoken needs and sympathies. A high score score usually indicates social grace and persuasiveness. A low score usually means you're good at Quake.

Your Scientific Intuition score tells you how in tune you are with the world around you; how well you understand your physical and intellectual environment. People with high scores here are apt to succeed in business and, of course, the sciences.

This test tracked 2 variables. How the score compared to the other people's:

Higher than 84% on Scientific
Higher than 61% on Interpersonal

http://www.okcupid.com/tests/take?testid=3890039532751104124

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
47% Scientific, 70% Emotional.

70% SCIENTIFIC INTUITION and 62% EMOTIONAL INTUITION

I think you should take this with a huge grain of salt. Sure body language can say a lot, but that doesn't mean you know who's sleeping with whom and who's about to commit suicide. It's easy spot fake emotions (like fake smiles), but you can't always 'read' people emotions/intentions from their body language. It's leads to false assumptions and prejudices about other people too often.

The intuition part is really just guessing.

70% SCIENTIFIC INTUITION and 55% EMOTIONAL INTUITION

I seriously don't get why people make these tests. This one was especially annoying. You're probably like superhuman if you can tell with certainty who is going to commit suicide...

62% SCIENTIFIC INTUITION and
55% EMOTIONAL INTUITION

These (our) scores seem very random.

85% SCIENTIFIC INTUITION and
70% EMOTIONAL INTUITION

woohoo. The "science" ones were not hard at all, I knew that g on the moon is 1/3rd g here so that answers the animal one. I know that there is no way you are going to get a plain text file to be over 4gigs unless you are storing some database for AT&T or something, I had faith in evolution and guessed that the frog would hop out. I thought that picasso was born in like the 1600's so I guessed that he did not meet Einstein although I guess that I could be wrong since it turns out he was born much more recently. I wonder which ones I got wrong :(. Would be nice if they said.

http://img212.imageshack.us/img212/8435/ig23zs3.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
62% SCIENTIFIC INTUITION and
62% EMOTIONAL INTUITION,

which means I'm perfectly balanced. :biggrin: :tongue2:

Edit:
dontdisturbmycircles said:
I thought that picasso was born in like the 1600's

That's something you shouldn't point out in public. :wink:

Last edited:
lol radou, I have never really cared about art :-(.

edit: I mean, I couldn't say that I don't like picasso's work, but I don't have any idea who picasso is other than he used a mr.potato head to inspire most of his work.

Last edited:
lol radou, I have never really cared about art :-(.

edit: I mean, I couldn't say that I don't like picasso's work, but I don't have any idea who picasso is other than he used a mr.potato head to inspire most of his work.

Actually, I shouldn't pick on you, since my general culture isn't extremely shiny, either. :tongue:

lol :-) It's all good I didn't take it offensively. :P. I don't know what it is, the only artists I have ever really taken the time to learn about are Mozart and Beethoven. Anyways, back on topic. In the test, do the %'s represent the number of questions you got correct or the percentile of your submission? I am too lazy to retake it and find out. I wish the details were more specific. I would really like to see if our answers to the picture ones were random or not since they seemed like pretty abstract psychic like questions..

Last edited:
lol :-) It's all good I didn't take it offensively. :P.

Yeah, it's good, since I didn't mean it offensively. :wink:

Btw, the picture question with the two girls and the suicide issue actually gave me the creeps.

Yea no kidding

I am going to make a test with pictures and questions such as the ones posed in this test(minus the suicide ones) to see if we can do better than random. The challenge will be finding pictures.

I am going to make a test with pictures and questions such as the ones posed in this test(minus the suicide ones) to see if we can do better than random. The challenge will be finding pictures.

Post the test when finished, but don't over-complicate it! :cool:

Anyone else notice in the three girls (two being religious) question, two were wearing cross necklaces? Guess who I picked!

I give up. I can't think of a question where the pictures themselves don't hint strongly at a specific answer. I don't know how people dream up these tests. I did find an interesting test though.

matthyaouw said:
Anyone else notice in the three girls (two being religious) question, two were wearing cross necklaces? Guess who I picked!

Haha, good observation. I didn't notice that at all.

Edit: You know what's funny? I picked the one without the necklace as well. Weird. The only difference I noticed is that the two on the right seem happier than the other. Perhaps they dragged her to a sermon? lol

Last edited:
Edit::: too many posts, delete this one I will just edit the one above it :/

I noticed the crosses too, and naturally I chose the one on the left, however I was leaning toward choosing the one on the left to begin with.

85% Scientific 47% Emotional, I am a geek. Very poor test, but spot on conclusion.

1. What is "The 2-Variable Intuition Test"?

The 2-Variable Intuition Test is a scientific experiment designed to measure a person's intuitive ability to identify patterns and relationships between two variables.

2. How does the test work?

The test presents participants with a series of graphs and asks them to identify the relationship between two variables, such as time and distance. The difficulty level of the test increases as the participant progresses through the questions.

3. What is the purpose of the test?

The purpose of the test is to assess a person's intuitive ability to recognize patterns and relationships, which is an important skill in many fields of science and research.

4. Can anyone take the test?

Yes, anyone can take the 2-Variable Intuition Test. It is not restricted to scientists or researchers, but it is designed to measure a person's scientific intuition.

5. How accurate is the test in measuring intuition?

The 2-Variable Intuition Test has been scientifically validated and has shown to be a reliable measure of intuition. However, it is important to note that it is just one aspect of a person's cognitive abilities and should not be used as the sole measure of intelligence or intuition.