1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

The 80's Is Back ! (?)

1. May 21, 2004 #1
    I keep hearing the 80's is back ... do you love :biggrin: / :yuck: hate it?
    What are the signs that it's back?
    Why/how do we go through these cycles ? ... only a few years a go, the 60/70's was back :eek: :rofl: :tongue2:

2. jcsd
  3. May 21, 2004 #2

Tom Mattson

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I don't know who is saying that the 80's are back, but I sincerely hope that it is a terrible hoax. The 80's were without doubt the worst decade for music ever. If I never hear another synthesizer again, it will be too soon.

4. May 21, 2004 #3
    Aw come on, the 80’s were awesome! There’s nothing like going to a bar and rocking out to 80s music.

5. May 21, 2004 #4
    Disappointed again (I was hoping for a time warp or maybe some kind of elixir).
    I prefer the old-time Calypso anyway.

6. May 21, 2004 #5

Njorl

Science Advisor

I wouldn't say the music from the 80's was particularly bad. I think that popular music pretty much died in the early 70's, briefly had a post-mortem spasm in the late 70s early 80s, then flopped over into rigor mortis. I don't think I like an hours worth of music to come out in the last 20 years. Now, pardon me while I sit back in my rocker and shake my cane at some passing whippersnappers.

Njorl

7. May 21, 2004 #6

Njorl

Science Advisor

When I was a kid, the 50s were back. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

8. May 21, 2004 #7

jimmy p

Gold Member

How can you not like the big hair and and the SPANDEX... gotta love it!!

9. May 23, 2004 #8
    Are the 80's back\??. i thought it was the seventies... the whole retro clothing and the bright colors. As for the music, i'm into house music and a lot of old disco trax are being given the house treatment and the music is wicked!!! I went to a party last week and a DJ from the uk played some delicous house trax.. music seems to be getting better.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?