Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

The 80's Is Back ! (?)

1. May 21, 2004 #1
    I keep hearing the 80's is back ... do you love :biggrin: / :yuck: hate it?
    What are the signs that it's back?
    Why/how do we go through these cycles ? ... only a few years a go, the 60/70's was back :eek: :rofl: :tongue2:

2. jcsd
  3. May 21, 2004 #2

Tom Mattson

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I don't know who is saying that the 80's are back, but I sincerely hope that it is a terrible hoax. The 80's were without doubt the worst decade for music ever. If I never hear another synthesizer again, it will be too soon.

4. May 21, 2004 #3
    Aw come on, the 80’s were awesome! There’s nothing like going to a bar and rocking out to 80s music.

5. May 21, 2004 #4
    Disappointed again (I was hoping for a time warp or maybe some kind of elixir).
    I prefer the old-time Calypso anyway.

6. May 21, 2004 #5

Njorl

Science Advisor

I wouldn't say the music from the 80's was particularly bad. I think that popular music pretty much died in the early 70's, briefly had a post-mortem spasm in the late 70s early 80s, then flopped over into rigor mortis. I don't think I like an hours worth of music to come out in the last 20 years. Now, pardon me while I sit back in my rocker and shake my cane at some passing whippersnappers.

Njorl

7. May 21, 2004 #6

Njorl

Science Advisor

When I was a kid, the 50s were back. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

8. May 21, 2004 #7

jimmy p

Gold Member

How can you not like the big hair and and the SPANDEX... gotta love it!!

9. May 23, 2004 #8
    Are the 80's back\??. i thought it was the seventies... the whole retro clothing and the bright colors. As for the music, i'm into house music and a lot of old disco trax are being given the house treatment and the music is wicked!!! I went to a party last week and a DJ from the uk played some delicous house trax.. music seems to be getting better.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?