Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

The Advent of Color

1. Mar 25, 2003 #1
    From the thread, The USA is God:

A source of universal information? Hmm... In other words the mind is like a receptacle, "or door," to another dimension?

"After this I looked, and, behold, a door was opened in heaven: and the first voice which I heard was as it were of a trumpet talking with me; which said, Come up hither, and I will shew thee things which must be hereafter. And immediately I was in the spirit: and, behold, a throne was set in heaven, and one sat on the throne. And he that sat was to look upon like a jasper and a sardine stone: and there was a rainbow round about the throne, in sight like unto an emerald. And round about the throne were four and twenty seats: and upon the seats I saw four and twenty elders sitting, clothed in white raiment; and they had on their heads crowns of gold. And out of the throne proceeded lightnings and thunderings and voices: and there were seven lamps of fire burning before the throne, which are the seven Spirits of God." (Revelation 4:1-5)

So here, with respect to the rainbow and seven lamps which, are the seven spirits of God, it seems to suggest the six basic colors of the color wheel in accord with the color white, where white is the center and the medium (white light): the 24 elders clothed in white? All of which are arrayed as follows:

Red (1), Orange (2), Yellow (3), White (4), Green (5), Blue (6) and Violet (7) ... which is further detailed by the following equations:

Red-Orange-Yellow (123) + White-White-White (444) = Green-Blue-Violet (567). Whereas Yellow (3) x White-Red (41) = Red-Orange-Yellow (123) and, Violet (7) x Gray-Red (81) = Green-Blue-Violet (567). And also, Yellow-Violet (37) x Red-Orange (12) = White-White-White (444).

See the pattern here? It's simliar to the color code used in electronics, while also portraying the pattern on the front cover of my book - http://www.dionysus.org/x0009.html - which is strange because I practice a form of meditation where, once I "tune in," I begin to see yellow smoke rings (3) set against a violet backdrop (7). And as it progresses, a smoke ring takes form, and then begins to diminish in size, until a new one forms to take its place, and on it goes ... All of which has something to do with the "spherical nature" of things and keeping one's thoughts "in context" (in the moment): i.e., Yellow-Violet (37) x Red-Orange (12) = White-White-White (444) ... where the color white is the medium (4/444) or white light itself.

Also note that the color Gray corresponds to the number 8 which, in the absence of light, proceeds to the color Black (9). Whereas with the absence of light (0), you get that which reflects light, and hence the first "pigmented color," or Brown (10). Which is where the electronics color code begins by the way, beginning with black (0), brown (1), red (2), orange (3), etc..
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2003
  2. jcsd
  3. Mar 25, 2003 #2
    i enjoy mysticism; more in an esthetic sense than what it seems you do, but none the less i find it interesting. which leads me to a question; how you is the numbering for the various colors such as "Red-Orange-Yellow (123)" derived?
  4. Mar 25, 2003 #3
    When you look at the color spectrum which is called visible or "white light," you'll notice it occurs between the infra-red spectrum and the ultra-violet spectrum. Therefore it's only appropriate that you assign the beginning value to the color Red (1) and the ending value to the color violet (7), as these two occur at the beginning and the end of the spectrum.

As for the color white, which signifies the color spectrum itself, it's appropriately viewed in the center (as the number 4); and here, if you were to shine the other colors on the same spot, all you would see is white light. Does that make any sense? I've gone into more detail here on the following page if you're interested: http://www.dionysus.org/x0009.html
  5. Mar 26, 2003 #4
    yes, the explanation of how it is laid out over the spectrum does make it more clear to me. i can't say i rightly have my head around it, but i do not feel nearly as lost as i did. the one thing that really sparked my curiosity is the idea that of the white-white-white being 444; as 444hz is what some have declared as the A directly above middle C, in music that is. granted it could be coincidence, but i know your position on that so i figure i should mention it. :wink:
  6. Mar 26, 2003 #5
    It stands to reason that there should be some relationship here, because as with the seven colors, there are seven notes to the musical scale. As for this "A directly above middle C" thing I'm not familiar with it? Does it have something to do with 444hz being set as "mid-range?" This is just a guess ...
  7. Mar 26, 2003 #6
    middle C is just the center of a standard 5 octave keyboard and the A directly higher in frequencies is basically considered "mid-range" as that is what is generally accepted that tuning should be derived from. however, as for what the actually frequencies should be; that is a subject that gets a lot of argument, a=444hz is just one accepted value. please don't think i am holding out on you with this though, i havent practiced music in ages and it never realy was my strong point; i just figured i would mention what little i do know.
  8. Mar 26, 2003 #7
    This is interesting! Thanks!
  9. Mar 26, 2003 #8

Science Advisor

That is a pretty informative. I'm not sure if you know my stance on religous matters, but I generally do not speak about my "beliefs", as I think they are crazy. Anyhow, I do strongly believe there is more to life and existance then what we know. I can't prove it, merely speculate as others do.

It seems to me that quantum physics holds alot of keys to alot of doors. While I grasp the basics of it, I definetly do not claim to know everything about it.

But it seems to me the most important aspect of any relationship is communication. Relationships fail because of lack of communication. My relationship with the gods of human imagination has failed, due to lack of communication.

And I also think that information is everywhere (I may have said this, but bare with me for a sec). Knowledge is a collection of information. If the entire universe is connected through quantum entanglement, then information should be able to be collected from everywhere (once the technology comes about of course) and thereby having a knowledge of everything.

I can see that this has probably already happened, either by a god type being, natural laws we've yet to discover, or through an even more advanced species. Almost as if there is a database of everything in existance.

Imagine how overloaded our computers would be if we started trying to input such a database. Now while our brains are very powerfull, much more so then modern computers, I believe that they could even be overloaded by such a connection. Merely that our brains do not contain the proccesssing power to input so much data, and we either get what we can and become "enlightened" or we choose to explain what has happened as our brains playing tricks on us.

Perhaps through means of meditation, prayer and what not people are actually able to connect to this source of information, and become overloaded in someway that actually changes the way they view reality.

I really don't know, just thought I'd try something other then picking on sheeps and goats.
  10. Mar 31, 2003 #9
    Makes for interesting reading Iacchus32. Not that I know much about musical-scales. And without me having to buy the book, what are your conclusions to all of this?
  11. Mar 31, 2003 #10
    This is just of one many patterns I've discovered which I don't believe are merely coincidence. Whereas I had come up with the number and color scheme long before I drew the correlation to verse and chapter above. But I would recommend following the link about my cover page, and from there click on the cover page itself (home page) to better understand what the symbolism means: http://www.dionysus.org/x0009.html

Am also considering writing a piece on how to practice the meditation here, but that's still in the works. Hey wouldn't it be funny if I could show people how to do this, even all these left-brain intellectual types, and show it's possible to make an "internal observation" and be able to share it with others? Now wouldn't that be something?
  12. Mar 31, 2003 #11
    Yes, that would be something. Firstly, you'd have to convince them that what you were 'seeing' wasn't a construct of your own subconcious, in response to specific expectations. Then you'd have to bribe them, somehow, to get them to mimic your methods, so that by patient adherence to your words, they might have a mind-ful experience of "yellow smoke-rings against a violet backdrop".
    They might even enjoy that experience, and be thankful to you. But now what? Are you advocating that God's havin' a cigarette, or something?:wink:
    This is boys' stuff. What I want to know, is what it all means. Do I need to buy some ultra-violet lighting for my salvation? Or do you have something deeper for us to contemplate? Seriously. Now you'll know why I stated that reason is important, in that other thread.
    I hate to say this to you; but unless you make the connection you need to make (God), and then explain how you made that connection; then few people will ever take you seriously. No offense intended. The guys your are talking to here are primarily science-people. They want more than "coincidences". They want meaning.
    And then they'll argue with you. :smile:
  13. Apr 1, 2003 #12
    Well I have my book I can refer them to, which goes much further into my beliefs. It's filled with lots of intriguing coincidences as well. Whether anyone choses to believe or not that's their business. I'll just go on choosing the way I believe for myself if nothing else.
  14. Apr 2, 2003 #13
    From the thread, "What is it about the moment?"

This is just something to reflect on for now ... it has to do with the nature of the meditation above which, involves "focusing on the moment." Am still debating on whether or not I should try to begin discussing it? ...
  15. Apr 11, 2003 #14
    It seems like I've heard this before? ...

Sounds pretty basic to me.

From what you say above, you sound like a pretty reasonble person? ...
  16. May 13, 2003 #15
    From the thread, Defining "God" ...

From the thread, The Basis of Order ...

Perhaps I could have been a little more clear in my explanation here, but I think you'll catch my drift ...
  17. May 13, 2003 #16
    I wouldn't post here unless music and audio physics had been mentioned. Here's my contributions:

1. "It stands to reason that there should be some relationship here, because as with the seven colors, there are seven notes to the musical scale. As for this "A directly above middle C" thing I'm not familiar with it? Does it have something to do with 444hz being set as "mid-range?" This is just a guess ..."

There are 12 notes in the musical scale. Further more the musical scale you are thinking of was NOT invented until MUCH TIME after the bible....

Also, the "A above middle C" is NOT AT 444hz. It is at 440hz which is completely different.

2. "When you look at the color spectrum which is called visible or "white light," you'll notice it occurs between the infra-red spectrum and the ultra-violet spectrum. Therefore it's only appropriate that you assign the beginning value to the color Red (1) and the ending value to the color violet (7), as these two occur at the beginning and the end of the spectrum."

I see no reasoning as to why violet shouldn't be (1) and Red be (7). Furthermore I do not see ANY logic in why white is labeled 4 since it's in the center. It wouldn't be applicable at all.

3. "This is just of one many patterns I've discovered which I don't believe are merely coincidence. "

Iacchus32 - I'm going to be honest and tell you it's sad that you based so much on these false statements. Furthermore the links you've provided to your website are also somewhat based on this information.

There is NO PATTERN here, therefore there's nothing to be merely coincidence. In the future I would urge you to learn logic, reasoning, and stray from religious mythology.
  18. May 13, 2003 #17
    A sounds quite nice at 444hz. notice that 440hz was just an adopted value...
  19. May 13, 2003 #18
    Did you read (and understand) the passage from the book of Revelation?

I'm afraid the only musical scale I'm familiar with is the one with seven notes. And how would you account for the harmonics in a twelve note scale? Does that mean the notes would be more compressed?

This wasn't my contribution by the way, and doesn't really effect things one way or the other. Although it would have been another "timely" coincidence.

Except for the fact that red occurs at a lower frequency I believe ...

What is the frequency of white light by the way? Is it the entire range, between the colors red (1) and violet (7) or, is it a set frequency? If it were a set frequency then it would probably be set at "mid-range," hence coinciding with the scheme that I've laid out.

Did you read the part about the meditation and its effect which, happens to coincide with the design of my avatar? (am not sure I included part about avatar in this thread). The key here are the colors yellow (3) and violet (7) with their assigned number values ... whereas 37 x 12 = 444, hence "the center," which is "white light."

If you fail to see the pattern I would suggest you look again. However, if I were somehow fortunate enough to rate at just a "mere coincidence," then it probably wouldn't be worth your while to do so ... But thanks anyway!
  20. May 13, 2003 #19
    According to the original post 444hz is one of the "accepted" values. Of course you couldn't prove it by me, because it's been a long time since I've played music. But still it's something to ponder ... Thanks for your reply!
  21. May 13, 2003 #20
    Define understand. It's surely in English, but giving it any other value than a mythology which has NO logical reason to be superimposed onto anything in reality, is your mistake!

Let me repeat. There is NO musical scale with seven notes. Non exists out of all musical scales developed by all groups of people in the world. Aside from weird scales developed in the past 20 years.

You're making a bias mistake here. Why would you asign a frequency with a lower "value" a lower number? Now, don't say DUH. Let's not take for granted your choice here. There are certain propers of the red wave that are "higher" numerically than the violet. So there's no logical reason, as I said, to asign it the lower value.

Once one realized that, I do believe it blows your idea out of the water. Furthermore, this "444 A above middle C" thing is gettin' to me. SO what? Any number you could add up would easily be a frequency of some note, as notes range in frequency (audible to humans) in over 20,000.

From that there I see clearly that you have an emotional investment in this theory, which has disallowed you from seeing logically and ubiased. I mean no offense, but it's sticking right out at me!

Here you have made a grave error. A very very bad error indeed. You are comparing a "mass" of light hitting you with light in terms of a wave.

There IS NO SUCH THING AS WHITE LIGHT. White is simple a way to define when ones eyes are seeing a summation of all colors. White light has NO FREQUENCY. It simply, taken as a whole, contains millions of frequencies.

To "average it out" and assume it'd be the very middle of the 1 through 7 is a horrible error. It's undefendable!

I rest my case. Assigning numbers to non-numerical things is something that's been done who knows how many times. And every time it's done with bias. Without this bias you wouldn't reach this special number 444. Furthermore, the frequency of this "a above C" is a random note chosen as a center based on the chosen range of the damn piano. What that has to do with anything is beyond me. Piano is the only instrument which has this note at it's center. You've got a grave error here man.

I rest my case. It's not mere coincidence, simply because what you think is occuring here is NOT occur. It only happens when you bend towards bias to reach the goal you feel emotional entitled to have.

No offense but, I think it's going to be hard to realize these errors and move onward.....
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?