The alternative to your native country

• Thread starter Loren Booda
  • Start date
In summary, Daniel would choose England, Canada, Australia, and Italy as his top three countries depending on what criteria he is looking for. He would also like to live in Norway and Switzerland.
Loren Booda
My choices for 2nd and 3rd place (next to my #1 USA) would be Canada and England respectively for their land (in the case of Canada, somewhat similar to the U. S.) customs, language, government and economy. Australia would be a likely 4th.

Physics news on Phys.org
I would have to go with England, then probably Japan, maybe Russia.

I'd like to think that New Zealand and Norway would be my top choices, but I've been to neither, so am unqualified to say!

2nd US for the science, 3rd Italy for the lifestyle

Switzerland for everything,especially the mountains and the landscapes.

Daniel.

Might have to look into becoming a Norweed. From Arildno's pictures, the landscape seems very similar to here.

2nd Ireland

British Columbia definitely for #2, but I haven't been elsewhere to determine a 3rd (outside of the USA). Probably Australia or Iceland.

Ive talked to a few australians (and talk to one very frequently) and that place sounds scary to me lol. #1 place besides native would be the UK and 2nd would be Italy and 3rd would probably be Japan.

This is a no-brainer: Italy, Land of Tom's Favorite Cuisine.

I'd like to live in Ireland and work for Guinness. :biggrin:
And that wouldn't be a second choice.
The only things that really make me want to live where I am are my friends and family.

Switzerland...yeah... :approve:

hard choices: Vancouver-BC, seattle-WASH, CMU/UPITTS-PENN, NZ, swiss, taiwan, japan, france, norway, russia

in no particular order, based only on what i have heard: norway, sweden, germany... etc

I already live in an alternative country to my native one.

I fancy New Zealand, northern part of the South Island, and perhaps Bulgaria near the Turkish border. I have in a mind a cottage, a small stream and a garden and orchard. :smile:

If it was just myself, I would like to live for a while in the Pamirs, on the border between Afghanistan, Pakistan and China, or possibly Kyrgystan. But then I am a bit weird about stuff like that.

US, Canada and probably France.

What are the benefits of moving to an alternative country?

Moving to an alternative country can offer a variety of benefits, such as experiencing a new culture, learning a new language, and gaining a broader perspective on the world. It can also provide opportunities for career advancement and personal growth.

What are the challenges of living in an alternative country?

Living in an alternative country can present challenges, such as adapting to a new culture, language barriers, and homesickness. It may also be difficult to navigate through unfamiliar laws and customs.

How do I choose the right alternative country for me?

Choosing the right alternative country for you will depend on your personal preferences, needs, and goals. Factors to consider may include the cost of living, job opportunities, climate, and cultural compatibility.

What steps should I take to prepare for a move to an alternative country?

Preparing for a move to an alternative country can be a daunting task. It's important to research the country's immigration and visa requirements, secure housing and employment, and make arrangements for transportation and healthcare in advance.

What resources are available to help with the transition to an alternative country?

There are many resources available to assist with the transition to an alternative country, such as expat communities, language classes, and cultural orientation programs. It may also be helpful to connect with others who have already made the move and can offer advice and support.