Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

The amazing Mick Jagger

1. Feb 5, 2006 #1

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Okay, did you see the Stones at the Superbowl? Fan or not, one has to be impressed with a guy who can move on stage as he still does. I mean the guy didn't even sound winded between songs and

he is coming up on his SIXTY-THIRD birthday. :surprised :surprised :surprised

I saw the Stones in '77 and thought they were already old back then. :rofl:

Did you hear about the new Stones song; a redu called "Can't Get No, Medication"

Last edited: Feb 5, 2006
  2. jcsd
  3. Feb 5, 2006 #2

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Okay, two threads about the Superbowl have just appeared...I guess that means the Superbowl was today? I've been watching DVDs today, so didn't even turn on the regular TV to notice. I guess nobody I know was having a Superbowl party, because I didn't hear anything about it.

4. Feb 5, 2006 #3

Evo

Staff: Mentor

I didn't know the superbowl was on either.

5. Feb 5, 2006 #4

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Well, the Stones were a lot better than Seattle.

6. Feb 5, 2006 #5

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Does that mean I'm going to be running into a lot of happy Steeler fans at work tomorrow?

7. Feb 5, 2006 #6

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

No doubt. The Steelers played a good game but Seattle gave it away on penalties, turnovers, and maybe a critical bad call.

8. Feb 5, 2006 #7

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Okay, good, I'll remember that line. Any other catch-phrases I should know about the game so I can pretend I watched and know something about it when surrounded by all the fans chatting about it over coffee?
    You know, something like, "Hey, did you see that great pass by.....?!" or "I can't believe .... fumbled during the .... quarter; that was so disappointing." :rofl: If I just say one or two things like that, the fans are happy to just babble on while I tune out, and they think I'm showing sufficient interest to not think I've grown three heads for not caring about football.

At least now I had warning the game happened so I'm not caught completey off-guard. :biggrin:

9. Feb 5, 2006 #8

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

That first Steelers TD was really close.

What did you think of the big tongue?

10. Feb 5, 2006 #9

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I liked the caveman commercial for FedX. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

11. Feb 5, 2006 #10

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Is that second one in reference to the game or Mick Jagger? :tongue2:

12. Feb 5, 2006 #11

russ_watters

Staff: Mentor

"Impressed" was not the word that first came to my mind. Old. Pathetic. Crippled. Arthritic. Needs to retire before he defames his own music any further.

That halftime show was just awful. A friend of mine saw the Stones in concert last year and said it was the worst she'd ever seen. Mick was wearing orthopedic shoes...

13. Feb 5, 2006 #12

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

:yuck: Glad I missed it. You'd think he could afford to retire a few years early. :rolleyes:

14. Feb 5, 2006 #13
    It was an eXtra Large super bowl of cource he his clone is going to be there.

15. Feb 5, 2006 #14
    I thought the Stones were terrible as well. Way too old, I like their music, but I hate listening to it when it sounds like crap.

MB: You can talk about Randle El throwing a long pass to Hines Ward for a Steelers Touchdown, you can also call it a "gadget play" :smile:

16. Feb 5, 2006 #15

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Ooh, playing with gadgets I can talk about. :uhh: o:) :blushing:

17. Feb 5, 2006 #16

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Kids :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: The Stones were always that bad. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

18. Feb 5, 2006 #17

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I was just telling Tsu what my mom said when the Stones were on Ed Sullivan. She had this blank look and said ~ "Well, they're not very good. They'll never amount to anything".

But at 63, Mick is doing much better than my mother was; and I think more people than not, that age or older.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2006
  19. Feb 5, 2006 #18
    I was willing to turn on the Super Bowl to see Mick strut. It was good stuff, there are a lot of us in this generation, we aren't dead yet. Mick keeps us in mind of that.

20. Feb 6, 2006 #19
    I think because Keith Richards always looked so bad, that today he dosen't look much worse. I enjoyed it very much.

OHHH and the streaking sheep! Just had me cracking up! And a big AWWWWW to the budwiser pony!

21. Feb 6, 2006 #20

jimmy p

Gold Member

It must be all those drugs they were taking which kept them fit and active... I wonder, if Mick's lips wrinkled, would they be proportionate to his face?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?