Mick Jagger - 63 and Still Rocking!

• Thread starter Ivan Seeking
  • Start date
In summary, the Superbowl was today and the Stones were not very good. The first touchdown was close and the second one was in reference to the game. The halftime show was awful. Randle El threw a long pass to Hines Ward and the streaking sheep was funny.
Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Okay, did you see the Stones at the Superbowl? Fan or not, one has to be impressed with a guy who can move on stage as he still does. I mean the guy didn't even sound winded between songs and

he is coming up on his SIXTY-THIRD birthday.

I saw the Stones in '77 and thought they were already old back then. :rofl:

Did you hear about the new Stones song; a redu called "Can't Get No, Medication"

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Okay, two threads about the Superbowl have just appeared...I guess that means the Superbowl was today? I've been watching DVDs today, so didn't even turn on the regular TV to notice. I guess nobody I know was having a Superbowl party, because I didn't hear anything about it.

I didn't know the superbowl was on either.

Well, the Stones were a lot better than Seattle.

Ivan Seeking said:
Well, the Stones were a lot better than Seattle.
Does that mean I'm going to be running into a lot of happy Steeler fans at work tomorrow?

No doubt. The Steelers played a good game but Seattle gave it away on penalties, turnovers, and maybe a critical bad call.

Okay, good, I'll remember that line. Any other catch-phrases I should know about the game so I can pretend I watched and know something about it when surrounded by all the fans chatting about it over coffee?
You know, something like, "Hey, did you see that great pass by...?!" or "I can't believe ... fumbled during the ... quarter; that was so disappointing." :rofl: If I just say one or two things like that, the fans are happy to just babble on while I tune out, and they think I'm showing sufficient interest to not think I've grown three heads for not caring about football.

At least now I had warning the game happened so I'm not caught completey off-guard. :biggrin:

That first Steelers TD was really close.

What did you think of the big tongue?

I liked the caveman commercial for FedX. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Ivan Seeking said:
That first Steelers TD was really close.

What did you think of the big tongue?
Is that second one in reference to the game or Mick Jagger? :tongue2:

"Impressed" was not the word that first came to my mind. Old. Pathetic. Crippled. Arthritic. Needs to retire before he defames his own music any further.

That halftime show was just awful. A friend of mine saw the Stones in concert last year and said it was the worst she'd ever seen. Mick was wearing orthopedic shoes...

russ_watters said:
Mick was wearing orthopedic shoes...
:yuck: Glad I missed it. You'd think he could afford to retire a few years early. :rolleyes:

It was an eXtra Large super bowl of cource he his clone is going to be there.

I thought the Stones were terrible as well. Way too old, I like their music, but I hate listening to it when it sounds like crap.

MB: You can talk about Randle El throwing a long pass to Hines Ward for a Steelers Touchdown, you can also call it a "gadget play" :smile:

mattmns said:
I thought the Stones were terrible as well. Way too old, I like their music, but I hate listening to it when it sounds like crap.

MB: You can talk about Randle El throwing a long pass to Hines Ward for a Steelers Touchdown, you can also call it a "gadget play" :smile:
Ooh, playing with gadgets I can talk about. :uhh: o:) :blushing:

Kids :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: The Stones were always that bad. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I was just telling Tsu what my mom said when the Stones were on Ed Sullivan. She had this blank look and said ~ "Well, they're not very good. They'll never amount to anything".

But at 63, Mick is doing much better than my mother was; and I think more people than not, that age or older.

Last edited:
I was willing to turn on the Super Bowl to see Mick strut. It was good stuff, there are a lot of us in this generation, we aren't dead yet. Mick keeps us in mind of that.

I think because Keith Richards always looked so bad, that today he dosen't look much worse. I enjoyed it very much.

OHHH and the streaking sheep! Just had me cracking up! And a big AWWWWW to the budwiser pony!

It must be all those drugs they were taking which kept them fit and active... I wonder, if Mick's lips wrinkled, would they be proportionate to his face?

I think the Stones went down hill after 1969. :biggrin: I just haven't enjoyed their music much since "Let it Bleed".

And I didn't watch the SuperBowl. :biggrin: I went out running last night.

We used to joke about what rock stars would be like in twenty or thirty years. We all thought the idea of a bunch of sixty year olds rocking out was hilarious.

Not funny any more. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Oh yes, MB, the stage for the Stones had a big red tongue that turned out to be audience members hiding under a red silk. It was a pretty convincing trick.

I normally don't watch sports, but Tsu likes to watch the SB so I joined her.

Ivan Seeking said:
We used to joke about what rock stars would be like in twenty or thirty years. We all thought the idea of a bunch of sixty year olds rocking out was hilarious.

Not funny any more.
:rofl: Yeah, I guess we're getting close to that. :rofl:

Anyway, I plan to Rockin' & Rollin' when I'm 60, 70, 80, 90, 100.

Rock & Roll will never die. :biggrin:

Last edited:
hypatia said:
I think because Keith Richards always looked so bad, that today he dosen't look much worse. I enjoyed it very much.

You know, that's who really surprises me. How can that guy still be alive? From what I understand, Jagger wasn't really a hard core drug user, at least not for long, but didn't Richards do heroin for a few decades, at least?

OHHH and the streaking sheep! Just had me cracking up!

I just caught the tail end of that one; you might say. I keep looking for it to air again.

Richards basically got 'embalmed' from all of the drugs he did is how I figure it.

To paraphrase Dennis Leary: Kids can't do drugs today because Keith Richards already did them all. He has to die so they can smoke his ashes.

Rock n Roll Legends, best band ever. If modern day groups could put shows on like that then the stones would have been forgotten years ago.

jimmy p said:
I wonder, if Mick's lips wrinkled, would they be proportionate to his face?
No, but he'll never need to wear a bib again once that lower lip gets down to his chest...

russ_watters said:
No, but he'll never need to wear a bib again once that lower lip gets down to his chest...

There is nothing else to say but :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Ivan Seeking said:
Kids :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: The Stones were always that bad. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
No way ! The stones used to rock.

Sunday night was just pathetic...and Mick Jagger was winded most of the time, in addition to being out of rhythm and out of scale. After about 30 seconds or so, I couldn't take it any longer, and had to walk away.

The game was kinda boring too, except for the three or four gadget plays Pittsburgh used; particularly the trickeration involving Randle El pulling off the fake reverse, wide receiver option play to Hines Ward ...which was an exact copy of a play against Cleveland, earlier this season, made by the same people running the same routes, yielding the same result.

My last favorite Stones album was "Aftermath".

Last edited:
Gokul43201 said:
No way ! The stones used to rock.

Sunday night was just pathetic...and Mick Jagger was winded most of the time, in addition to being out of rhythm and out of scale. After about 30 seconds or so, I couldn't take it any longer, and had to walk away.

I think that they always sucked by any real measure of quality. What really made the stones work for me was style; which is completely legitimate in the world of Rock music. I mean, could Jagger ever hold a candle to someone like Freddy Mercury, or Robert Plant, or Morrison, to name a few, in vocal quality?

And I thought he did great. If you were to randomly select one-hundred, sixty-three year old men, I seriously doubt that many would be able to do what Jagger did. Also, note that I never said that he was good. :biggrin:

His athleticism at 63 is fairly impressive, whether or not the performance was. Then again, my girlfriend's dad is only a year younger and routinely beats me at racquetball. More with positioning, though. I'm thankfully more athletic than any 60 year-olds I know of and hopefully will remain that way.

1. How has Mick Jagger managed to maintain his energy and stamina at the age of 63?

Mick Jagger is known for his intense workout routines and healthy lifestyle. He follows a strict diet and exercises regularly to stay in shape. He also takes care of his vocal cords by practicing vocal exercises and limiting his alcohol consumption.

2. What are some of the key factors that contribute to Mick Jagger's longevity in the music industry?

Mick Jagger's success in the music industry can be attributed to his talent, hard work, and adaptability. He has constantly evolved his style and sound to stay relevant and has a strong work ethic, often touring for months at a time.

3. How has Mick Jagger's music influenced the rock genre?

Mick Jagger's music has had a significant impact on the rock genre. He is known for his charismatic stage presence, unique vocals, and innovative songwriting. His influence can be seen in the music of countless artists and bands, making him a true rock icon.

4. What are some memorable moments from Mick Jagger's career?

Mick Jagger's career has been filled with many memorable moments. Some of the most iconic include the Rolling Stones' performance at the 1969 Altamont Free Concert, Jagger's solo performance of "Satisfaction" at Live Aid in 1985, and the band's record-breaking A Bigger Bang tour in 2005.

5. What are some of Mick Jagger's other talents and interests outside of music?

Aside from his music career, Mick Jagger is also known for his acting roles in films such as Performance, Ned Kelly, and The Man from Elysian Fields. He is also a keen art collector and has a passion for fashion, even starting his own clothing line, Jagged Glory.