Can Single People Celebrate Valentine's Day Without a Significant Other?

• Thread starter G01
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Thread
In summary: I was picking up the towel off the floor after my shower and my son was getting a drink of water at the sink. He had his foot right in front of the toilet and I didn't see it. I caught my toe on his foot and bent it back. I thought I just stubbed it really bad, but it started swelling up and turning some ugly colors. I think the toe is broken. But what can you do for a broken toe anyway? I'm not going to the doctor for it. I'll just try not to put too much stress on it...The other day I saw a video of a guy with no arms or legs and thought "man, I have a headache".So, I'm not going to complain
G01
Homework Helper
Gold Member
There is no reason single people can't have a good time on Valentine's day! We just need our own holiday, "Anti-Valentine's Day":

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17011635/

Happy Anti-Valentines, single PF'ers!

Physics news on Phys.org
TO:All of PF

MXXOO-----MXXOO
MXXXXXOO---MXXXXXOO
MXXXXXXXXOO-MXXXXXXXXOO
MXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXOO
MXXXXXXXXXloveXXXXXXXXXO
MXXXXXXXXXloveXXXXXXXXXX
MXXXXXXXXXloveXXXXXXXXXX
MXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
MXXXXXXXXXXXX
MXXXXXXXX
MXXXX
MXX
M
[/QUOTE]

I crashed your thread!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/z4rQqelnmcE&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/z4rQqelnmcE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Last edited by a moderator:
hypatia said:

MXXOO-----MXXOO
MXXXXXOO---MXXXXXOO
MXXXXXXXXOO-MXXXXXXXXOO
MXXXXXXXXXloveXXXXXXXXXO
MXXXXXXXXXloveXXXXXXXXXX
MXXXXXXXXXloveXXXXXXXXXX
MXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
MXXXXXXXXXXXX
MXXXXXXXX
MXXXX
MXX
M
BAH! HUMBUG! :biggrin:

"Love is not only made for lovers; it's also for friends who love each other better than lovers. Happy Valentine's day!"

hypatia said:

MXXOO-----MXXOO
MXXXXXOO---MXXXXXOO
MXXXXXXXXOO-MXXXXXXXXOO
MXXXXXXXXXwhatXXXXXXXXXO
MXXXXXXXXXwhatXXXXXXXXXX
MXXXXXXXXXwhatXXXXXXXXXX
MXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
MXXXXXXXXXXXX
MXXXXXXXX
MXXXX
MXX
M

I crashed your thread![/QUOTE]

I edited it a bit:biggrin:

Haha awesome youtube vid. Too cute lol! Happy Vday to all us single folks out there :D

By the way how many of you are thinking about math and science instead of your valentine ;)

Hey single folks...a married couple Valentine's day perspective:

Tonight, my wife and I are taking our 4 kids plus a few (still undetermined number) of their friends to a new buffet restaurant "Fire Mountain"(?) (kids choice) then on a "family date" to a movie (some kind of chick-flick) then who knows what else they've thought of...not much "couple time" allocated.

You're breakin my heart WhoWee.

Glad you understand

Happy Non-Valentines day G01 and all PF'ers!

Evo, will you be my valentine? :!)

Topher925 said:
Evo, will you be my valentine? :!)
Sure. I can never have too many. :smile:

Awesome! Red or white roses?

Topher925 said:
Awesome! Red or white roses?
Orange are my favorite.

Did you receive an anti-valentine card G01?

You choo-choo-choose me??

http://www.wavesatnight.com/patch/06-2008/images/choose.jpg

Ah :!) :cry: My Imaginary BF sent me all of my favorite things! And I haven't even paid him yet! It made my day. Some people are so nice! Thank you Imaginary BF!

So, I guess today must be Valentine's Day.

Hmmmm - I hadn't noticed.

Astronuc said:
So, I guess today must be Valentine's Day.

Hmmmm - I hadn't noticed.
Well, grab your girls and give them a smooch!

Actually, I'm working today and tomorrow, and traveling Monday.

I went out with my wife last night to Panera's, which has some nice salads, soups and sandwiches, and then we went to Barnes & Noble. We also went out earlier today to take some blankets and rugs to the local SPCA animal shelter, did some other errands, and then we went to an Indian restaurant together.

I always smooch with my wife - in the morning as one of us heads out the door to work, and in the evening when I get home from work (and usually whenever one leaves the house on the weekends). We smooch a lot. :biggrin:

Kurdt said:
Did you receive an anti-valentine card G01?

No, I'm thinking about giving some out though!:devil:

Yey! A holiday I like... Happy Anti-Valentine's Day! (I did give my mom a Valentine's gift)

A big shout out to all the singles out there :biggrin:

Next thing on my list, do some homework...then watch a movie with the family, while my brother goes out with his girlfriend.

Oooh, it's getting even better! The Evo Child just dropped by with a cyclamen (a flowering plant) a polar bear (ceramic) and two almond joy bars (my favorite). I will post pictures after my camera batteries charge.

Oh, and she brought allergy medicine and mechanical pencils so I can do the work I brought home.

Now if a math fairy would show up and do this pile of work I brought home...

Aww she's good sometimes. Math faeries ey?

My wife is taking care of her mother tonight, so we're apart now. We had a wonderful anti-Valentines Day together. She fixed me up a nice breakfast of moose steak and fried potatoes. Our neighbor Al brought us a pretty blue vase filled with heavily budded fosythia branches - just add water and have a display of beautiful yellow flowers in about a week. My wife was pretty excited and called a couple of her sisters to tell them about the gift. She got busy and made a pan of chocolate/mint bars with walnuts and took those down this afternoon. Around 5:30 or so, I popped a fresh loaf of onion-rye bread out of the breadmaker and took that down, and Al returned the favor by giving me a big bag of Russian garlic (we are out, and reduced to store-bought crap until our crop comes in next summer). Noting real Valentine-y about all this - it's just the way our neighborhood operates.

I had plans to go bowling, it would of been the first time in well over 10 years. But I broke my toe instead. But Hubby was nice, and made me grilled cheese and tomato soup, and a ice bag for my toe.

hypatia said:
I had plans to go bowling, it would of been the first time in well over 10 years. But I broke my toe instead. But Hubby was nice, and made me grilled cheese and tomato soup, and a ice bag for my toe.
Good grief hypatia, how'd you break your toe?

hypatia said:
Comfort food! My wife and I make tomato soup with our home-made chicken stock, and it is to die for. Pair that up with grilled-cheese (sharp Vermont cheddar) sandwiches on home-made onion-rye bread and I'm in mid-winter heaven.

Sorry to hear about the toe, Hy. Try to maintain a normal gait if you can take the pain - favoring a sore toe can lead to back pain. It's worse in northern climates with ice underfoot, since you can end up with a really flat shuffling gait to avoid going down. Take care!

Bowling balls and toes don't mix, especially after 10 years. Get well soon hypatia.

Valentine's day CHAT, everyone!

I was barefoot, running to get the phone and hit my baby right toe on a table leg. Its really swollen and very colorful. I can only hope they let me wear a slipper at work Monday.
Yes Turbo, walking will be with a odd limp at best. I'm slightly worried about driving too.

Right now, my wife's mother is staying with us, so, last night, my wife and I went out alone for supper/after supper for the first time since our daughter was born two-and-a-half years ago.

We went to a Lebanese restaurant and then somewhere else for tea and coffee afterwards.

Well what would you do if your significant other forget all about valentine day?