The autumn (fall) picture thread

In summary, the conversation was about the Autumn picture contest and the participant's choice of an awesome view of the Danube valley, despite the lack of bright sunlight. They also mentioned some interesting details about the city on the horizon and how someone else had also chosen the same picture as their top pick. The conversation then shifted to other pictures taken in the area of Lichtenstein castle and the interesting fact that the castle was built based on a non-existent castle described in a book. The conversation ended with the mention of another potential picture for the contest.
Andre
So for the Autumn picture contest I chosed an awesome view of the Danube valley. Unfortunately the sun wasn't that bright that day. So the choice was scenery versus light.

Scenery won, these were the losers:

evenmore.JPG

more-autumn.JPG

doorkijkje.JPG

thewinner.JPG

lichtenstein-2.JPG

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Forget to include this picture of November morning fog over the meadows at sunrise

morningfog.JPG

An interesting, albeit irrelevant detail, the city on the horizon is Red Rum's residence.

Last edited:
I think I would have picked #4. All very nice, though, so I can see how you had trouble deciding.

turbo-1 said:
I think I would have picked #4. All very nice, though, so I can see how you had trouble deciding.

Well curiosuly enough, somebody else selected #4 as well, however, #2 and #3 were on the top of my list. These were taken 3 years ago in the area of Lichtenstein castle before the FZ-8/EOS 450D period.

http://www.pi1.physik.uni-stuttgart.de/news/Bilder/Bilder200602/lichtenstein.jpg

Curious detail: It was build in the nineteenth century after a book had been published about the non-existent castle.

Last edited by a moderator:
Life imitating art! Love it!

I thought about this one as well:

http://img353.imageshack.us/img353/5808/res01308qi0.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

What is the purpose of "The autumn (fall) picture thread"?

The purpose of "The autumn (fall) picture thread" is for people to share and view photos of autumn landscapes, foliage, and other seasonal scenes.

How can I participate in "The autumn (fall) picture thread"?

To participate in "The autumn (fall) picture thread," simply upload your autumn photos to the designated thread or hashtag on a social media platform or online forum.

Can I only share photos of landscapes in "The autumn (fall) picture thread"?

No, you can share any type of photo that captures the essence of autumn, such as photos of pumpkins, apple picking, or fall decorations.

Are there any guidelines for sharing photos in "The autumn (fall) picture thread"?

There may be specific guidelines set by the platform or forum hosting the thread. Generally, it is recommended to only share your own original photos and to avoid posting any inappropriate or offensive content.

Why is "The autumn (fall) picture thread" popular among people?

"The autumn (fall) picture thread" is popular because it allows people to appreciate and share the beauty of autumn, connect with others who share similar interests, and discover new places and experiences to add to their autumn bucket list.