shining steel rims and metal tines
the beast, constructed in air, spinning piecewise with the trail of two snakes
clickatickaclickaticka wum wum wum

Answers and Replies

Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Nah, The Beast is an old wooden roller coaster that gives a neck-breaking, headache-inducing, bumpy ride. Son of Beast is the metal coaster! :biggrin: Wheeeeeeeee!

Yes, but what is thiss beast?

Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Oh, wait, Son of Beast is wooden too. I knew there was a reason I didn't ride on it.

http://www.pki.com/attractions_rides.jsp [Broken]
:biggrin:

I don't know what Beast the thread's about though. It just made me think of a roller coaster from your description. I like roller coasters. Wheeeeeeee!!!! :bugeye:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm, now that's interesting, now that I think about it the beast could indeed be a roller coaster, but that is not what I had in mind.

Evo
Mentor
Bartholomew said:
make that "shining fur" and "claws like metal tines" and you'd be describing my daughters cat that just came to live with me. He almost tore my foot off the other night. I must have been moving my foot in my sleep. :cry:

Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I think you should have stopped after the dog. The doggy is cute, cats that attack feet in your sleep are not cute! :grumpy:

dextercioby
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Insights Author
Cats are ADORING...Even chewing my toes...I don't mind...

Daniel.

Evo
Mentor
dextercioby said:
Cats are ADORING...Even chewing my toes...I don't mind...

Daniel.
My foot is covered with bloody gashes, large pieces of skin hanging off my foot in strips, and since I'm allergic, it immediately became swollen and bright pink and felt like it was on fire. NICE CAT!! :grumpy:

I'm terrified of falling asleep now. :frown:

Nobody can get it?

dextercioby
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Insights Author
I'm sorry.Usually cats (well mine at least) become very attached to their owners,much more than the dogs.Are u sure it's not rabies...?:uhh:

Daniel.

Evo
Mentor
dextercioby said:
I'm sorry.Usually cats (well mine at least) become very attached to their owners,much more than the dogs.Are u sure it's not rabies...?:uhh:

Daniel.
That's the problem, it's not my cat and it's not familiar with the surroundings.

Tsu
Gold Member
Evo said:
My foot is covered with bloody gashes, large pieces of skin hanging off my foot in strips, and since I'm allergic, it immediately became swollen and bright pink and felt like it was on fire. NICE CAT!! :grumpy:

I'm terrified of falling asleep now. :frown:
You need HELP, woman! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Evo
Mentor
Tsu said:
You need HELP, woman! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
We've known that for a long time. :tongue:

Your avatar cracks me up. That disgruntled face and all the flowers. :rofl: We just need to stick him on a surfboard now. :tongue2:

Uh oh, I have seriously hijacked this thread. Do I have to ban myself now? :uhh:

Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Evo said:
We've known that for a long time. :tongue:

Your avatar cracks me up. That disgruntled face and all the flowers. :rofl: We just need to stick him on a surfboard now. :tongue2:
That's okay, it took me at least a full day of seeing it to realize it was flowers and not a blonde wig and beard! :rofl:

Uh oh, I have seriously hijacked this thread. Do I have to ban myself now? :uhh:
:bugeye: Noooooo! What would we do without you?! I'm sure there's a loophole for the GD mentor.

Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Bartholomew said:
Nobody can get it?
Nope, I'm still stuck on roller coaster, especially with the clickatickaclickaticka wum wum wum bit. Reminds me of that sound the coaster makes as you click your way up to the top of the hill, and then the roaring sound as you zoom down the other side!

I'm guessing this is supposed to be a riddle? Spoked rim could be a bicycle, but then not sure about the twin snake trails.

plover
Homework Helper
Bartholomew said:
hmm.. maybe a bicycle if the snakes are swallowing their own tails.

I just hope it's not a space station, cuz there's no sound in space...

well, I guess there's sound in the space station...

if it's pressurized...

but the image doesn't work from inside the space station...

:tongue2:

edit: oops, Moonbear mentioned the bicycle first. Curse you Moonbear! :cry: :biggrin:

Last edited:
plover
Homework Helper
Moonbear said:
:bugeye: Noooooo! What would we do without you?! I'm sure there's a loophole for the GD mentor.
It's one of those time-travelly paradoxical thingummies where in order to insure that she didn't just unban herself later she would have to be able ban herself before she became mentor which in order to be true would mean that she was actually both Greg and her own mother but since that isn't true it would mess up the last 100 million years of history so that the world was taken over by intelligent cephalopods instead of humans and we'd all instantly turn into squid.

So, um, she shouldn't try it... unless we decide we'd really prefer to be squid. Should we, er, take a vote? (Raise your tentacle if you want Evo to turn the human species into squid...)

A bicycle. The snake trails are what the tires trace on the ground. If you ever ride a bicycle in light snow and then look behind you, you'll see. Sinuous.

Last edited:
Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
plover said:
So, um, she shouldn't try it... unless we decide we'd really prefer to be squid. Should we, er, take a vote? (Raise your tentacle if you want Evo to turn the human species into squid...)
Hmm...not sure about being a squid. I've been a jellyfish before, but I think I like eating calamari too much to be a squid. Wouldn't want to have to resort to cannibalism. :rofl:

Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Bartholomew said:
A bicycle. The snake trails are what the tires trace on the ground. If you ever ride a bicycle in light snow and then look behind you, you'll see. Sinuous.
Hee hee...that is clever. I never thought about the trails being left in snow. You must do a lot of zig-zagging! :biggrin:

No, that's just how the wheels move when you put pressure on one pedal and then the other. The trails of each individual wheel interweave. Of course, the effect is magnified when you turn.

I think there is something pure about how the main body of a bicycle is just a couple inches wide. Sure, there are some flanges hanging off--handlebars, pedals. But the main vehicle is as narrow as a single painted yellow line on the road. It is a stark and beautiful thing to speed along through automobile traffic propelled by a contact patch beneath the back wheel that is barely one square inch in area.

Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
:grumpy: It doesn't look so beautiful from inside the car watching the bikes zip by in traffic.

So I recommend... get one of your own! You know, if everyone in cities used bicycles when they could, there would be no traffic jams. Four or five bikes fit comfortably side by side in the space of one car. Cars and trucks are only good for transporting bulky and heavy things or on the open road.