Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

The beast

1. Mar 1, 2005 #1
    shining steel rims and metal tines
    the beast, constructed in air, spinning piecewise with the trail of two snakes
    clickatickaclickaticka wum wum wum

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 1, 2005 #2

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Nah, The Beast is an old wooden roller coaster that gives a neck-breaking, headache-inducing, bumpy ride. Son of Beast is the metal coaster! :biggrin: Wheeeeeeeee!

4. Mar 1, 2005 #3
    Yes, but what is thiss beast?

5. Mar 1, 2005 #4

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Oh, wait, Son of Beast is wooden too. I knew there was a reason I didn't ride on it.

http://www.pki.com/attractions_rides.jsp
    :biggrin:

I don't know what Beast the thread's about though. It just made me think of a roller coaster from your description. I like roller coasters. Wheeeeeeee!!!! :bugeye:

6. Mar 1, 2005 #5
    Hmm, now that's interesting, now that I think about it the beast could indeed be a roller coaster, but that is not what I had in mind.

7. Mar 1, 2005 #6

Evo

Staff: Mentor

make that "shining fur" and "claws like metal tines" and you'd be describing my daughters cat that just came to live with me. He almost tore my foot off the other night. I must have been moving my foot in my sleep. :cry:

8. Mar 1, 2005 #7

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I think you should have stopped after the dog. The doggy is cute, cats that attack feet in your sleep are not cute! :grumpy:

9. Mar 1, 2005 #8

dextercioby

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Cats are ADORING...Even chewing my toes...I don't mind...

Daniel.

10. Mar 1, 2005 #9

Evo

My foot is covered with bloody gashes, large pieces of skin hanging off my foot in strips, and since I'm allergic, it immediately became swollen and bright pink and felt like it was on fire. NICE CAT!! :grumpy:

I'm terrified of falling asleep now. :frown:

11. Mar 1, 2005 #10
    Nobody can get it?

12. Mar 1, 2005 #11

dextercioby

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

I'm sorry.Usually cats (well mine at least) become very attached to their owners,much more than the dogs.Are u sure it's not rabies...?:uhh:

Daniel.

13. Mar 1, 2005 #12

Evo

That's the problem, it's not my cat and it's not familiar with the surroundings.

14. Mar 1, 2005 #13

Tsu

Gold Member

You need HELP, woman! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

15. Mar 1, 2005 #14

Evo

We've known that for a long time. :tongue:

Your avatar cracks me up. That disgruntled face and all the flowers. :rofl: We just need to stick him on a surfboard now. :tongue2:

Uh oh, I have seriously hijacked this thread. Do I have to ban myself now? :uhh:

16. Mar 1, 2005 #15

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

That's okay, it took me at least a full day of seeing it to realize it was flowers and not a blonde wig and beard! :rofl:

:bugeye: Noooooo! What would we do without you?! I'm sure there's a loophole for the GD mentor.

17. Mar 1, 2005 #16

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Nope, I'm still stuck on roller coaster, especially with the clickatickaclickaticka wum wum wum bit. Reminds me of that sound the coaster makes as you click your way up to the top of the hill, and then the roaring sound as you zoom down the other side!

I'm guessing this is supposed to be a riddle? Spoked rim could be a bicycle, but then not sure about the twin snake trails.

18. Mar 1, 2005 #17

plover

Homework Helper

hmm.. maybe a bicycle if the snakes are swallowing their own tails.

I just hope it's not a space station, cuz there's no sound in space...

well, I guess there's sound in the space station...

if it's pressurized...

but the image doesn't work from inside the space station...

:tongue2:

edit: oops, Moonbear mentioned the bicycle first. Curse you Moonbear! :cry: :biggrin:

Last edited: Mar 2, 2005
  19. Mar 2, 2005 #18

plover

Homework Helper

It's one of those time-travelly paradoxical thingummies where in order to insure that she didn't just unban herself later she would have to be able ban herself before she became mentor which in order to be true would mean that she was actually both Greg and her own mother but since that isn't true it would mess up the last 100 million years of history so that the world was taken over by intelligent cephalopods instead of humans and we'd all instantly turn into squid.

So, um, she shouldn't try it... unless we decide we'd really prefer to be squid. Should we, er, take a vote? (Raise your tentacle if you want Evo to turn the human species into squid...)

20. Mar 2, 2005 #19
    A bicycle. The snake trails are what the tires trace on the ground. If you ever ride a bicycle in light snow and then look behind you, you'll see. Sinuous.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2005
  21. Mar 2, 2005 #20

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Hmm...not sure about being a squid. I've been a jellyfish before, but I think I like eating calamari too much to be a squid. Wouldn't want to have to resort to cannibalism. :rofl:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?