What are the top three songs by The Beatles?

• Thread starter ph
  • Start date
In summary: I Want to Hold Your Hand" (1962)2) "Can't Buy Me Love" (1963)3) "She Loves You" (1963)4) "Please Please Me" (1963)5) "A Hard Day's Night" (1964)6) "The Beatles" (1964)7) "Yellow Submarine" (1968)8) "Let It Be" (1970)9) "The Beatles (White Album)" (1970)10) "Abbey Road" (1969)In summary, the Beatles had a number one song with I Want to Hold Your Hand, had 5 American number one songs between 1964-1966
ph
What is their number one song?

What was their number two song?

What was their number three song?

In order please. Thank you.

Physics news on Phys.org
Oh wow.. This is an impossible question to answer.. I have enough trouble picking my favorites on each album, let alone to span their entire career..

I love: "I Feel Fine", "While My Guitar Gently Weeps", "Here Comes The Sun", "Help", "I've Just Seen A Face", "Honey Pie", "Martha My Dear", "I'm Only Sleeping", "For No One", etc..

Wow I can't do this. Everything from Revolver, Rubber Soul, Help, Abbey Road, and the White Album is so great.. And everythign else, wow..

They have a number one song?

I love the white album...unfortunately I don't have it any longer.

I always thought it was a hard days night. thanks! I guess that was mine.

JasonRox said:
They have a number one song?
They had 5 american number one songs in 1964 alone.

Were those songs from Hard Days Night? That is what I am thinking.

thank you 42

Beatles? I'm not familiar with that duo.

Okay here's the Beatles 3 best songs, if not biggest hits, just best.
3)Here Comes the Sun
2)A Day in the Life
1)Dear Prudence

tribdog said:
Beatles? I'm not familiar with that duo.

Heh. I always said they'd never catch on.

OK, here are my 3 faves (today):

1. Here Comes The Sun (glad to see lots of people like that one)
2. Let It Be
3. In My Life

Tom Mattson said:
Heh. I always said they'd never catch on.

OK, here are my 3 faves (today):

1. Here Comes The Sun (glad to see lots of people like that one)
2. Let It Be
3. In My Life
you do realize that I'm the only other person who said Here comes the sun don't you? I think you must have meant that my opinion carries the same weight as a lot of regular people.

aychamo said:
I love: "I Feel Fine", "While My Guitar Gently Weeps", "Here Comes The Sun", "Help", "I've Just Seen A Face", "Honey Pie", "Martha My Dear", "I'm Only Sleeping", "For No One", etc..

tribdog said:
you do realize that I'm the only other person who said Here comes the sun don't you? I think you must have meant that my opinion carries the same weight as a lot of regular people.

No, I was giving that weight to aychamo. Your nomination of the song was relatively unimportant. :tongue:

that's good, now at least I know where I fit in

I think that if the Beatles were on drugs when they wrote a song I like that song. early (sober) Beatles don't do much for me. What does that say about drugs? or is it unrelated to the song writing?

tribdog said:
I think that if the Beatles were on drugs when they wrote a song I like that song.
Are you sure you were not under the influence while writing that sentence.

All the great musicians/groups do drugs right? Well at least my favorites do.

If I had to choose a top 3 right now, I would say: Get Back, Come Together, Let It Be.

mattmns said:
Are you sure you were not under the influence while writing that sentence.

All the great musicians/groups do drugs right? Well at least my favorites do.

If I had to choose a top 3 right now, I would say: Get Back, Come Together, Let It Be.
I'm very anti-drug, for my own use. I don't care what other people do and I believe drug use does improve song writing. If you can die from a drug overdose I'll probably like your songs even better.

tribdog said:
If you can die from a drug overdose I'll probably like your songs even better.

Or eat a bullet... :tongue2:

A little lead in one's body is pretty healthy...

Daniel.

P.S.Or maybe Widia... :tongue2:

best 3
1: Blackbird
2: Blackbird
3: Blackbird

lol, egg likes blackbird. am I the only one who likes the irony?

I Should Have Known Better

You Know My Name, Look Up the Number

I Don't Want to Spoil the Party

Too many...hard to pick just a few, but among those already named, I like (in no particular order) While my Guitar, Come Together, Here Comes the Sun. The White Album is a nice collection. I like Revolver and Sgt. Pepper for albums.

As far as stats go :

I Want to Hold Your Hand was the first to top the US Billboards, in 1964.

Shortly after, Can't Buy Me Love made the biggest leap to #1 on the Billboards. That week was the only week in Billboard history that #1 through #5 were songs recorded by the same artist or group. The other 3 were Twist and Shout, She Loves you and Please, Please Me .

The Anthology, (Vol 1) sold nearly a million copies in the US, in its opening week alone. And 1 sold 13 million copies worldwide, in 4 weeks.

Yesterday is the most covered song ever.

Their best selling singles (in the UK) are She Loves You, I Want to hold Your Hand, Can't Buy Me Love, I Feel Fine and Day Tripper.

Something in the way she moves
Yesterday
Let it Be

A little trivia: What is the Beatles contribution to anthropology?

Our ancestor, Lucy - the Leakey Lucy :biggrin: [I heard this from Leakey the younger on the NGC] - was named after the song playing on the radio at the time, or the night of the discovery - Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds. Who knew that Lucy was named in honor of LSD? Lucy was really named after Lucy O'Donnell.

...long thought to be about an LSD trip, was written by Lennon taken from an idea he got from his son Julian. Julian, a young boy, came home one day with a painting he had done at school of one of his classmates named Lucy O'Donnell. In explaining the painting to his father, he described it as Lucy, in the sky with diamonds, and the song was born. Pictured above is the original drawing by Julian that inspired his father John to write this song.[continued]
http://www.iamthebeatles.com/article1216.html

tribdog said:
lol, egg likes blackbird. am I the only one who likes the irony?

I love the irony.

Irony for me is like vodka and pickeled beets for a russian. Well, more like vodka and irony for me are like vodka and pickeled beets for a russion. SO i guess irony is like pickeled beets. :yuck:

franznietzsche said:
I love the irony.

Irony for me is like vodka and pickeled beets for a russian. Well, more like vodka and irony for me are like vodka and pickeled beets for a russion. SO i guess irony is like pickeled beets. :yuck:

But it's just Thursday, Franz !

Gokul43201 said:
But it's just Thursday, Franz !

I was reading Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment a few weeks ago, and at one point Raskalnikov goes into a tavern and orders bread and a wine glass of vodka. A wine glass of vodka...Before i tried grey goose i would have called that suicide. Even now that i have, the fact that he was drinking a full glass, not just shot glass, but a full glass of vodka midday, with no sense of irony whatsoever makes me think that we irish are only the secon biggest cultural drunks. Must beat the russians...ON second thought, drinking whole glass of vodka while eating bread might be bad for public decorum...

It's really tough to pick just three, but here's my tentative list:

1. Strawberry Fields Forever (best lyrics ever)
2. Help!
3. Lovely Rita

Some tough omissions:
She Came in through the Bathroom Winow
I'm Only Sleeping
Nowhere Man
I Saw Her Standing There
Norwegian Wood (This Birds Has Flown)

For anyone who loves the Beatles, it's an impossible task to pick three. I could easily replace the following with another three (several times):

I am the Walrus

If I needed Someone

Tomorrow Never Knows

Janitor said:
I Should Have Known Better

Nice pick! The Beatles seem to be one of the only bands that can genuinely capture that je ne sais quoi happy/ecstatic sound, like in this song.

You Know My Name, Look Up the Number

I Don't Want to Spoil the Party

Obviously a collector. :approve:

trivia

what Beatle's autograph is worth them most

what rolling stone's autograph is worth the most

NO SEARCHING anyone can do that but it proves NOTHING

the drugies can sure write songs better than sober people
look how baddly the rolling stones did after mick gave up drugs

hypnagogue said:
Obviously a collector. :approve:

If there's any I don't have, I don't know what they would be. I have even got the German-language versions they did of some of their early songs. They were reluctant to re-record in German, but management told them it would be generate extra sales on the continent. But the tables turned; a few years later management did what the group told them to do.

Those who like early Beatley material may want to check out:

Billy J. Kramer & the Dakotas
Peter & Gordon
Chad & Jeremy
Helen Shapiro

1.)Yesterday
2.)Revolution 1
3.)Across the Universe

1. What are the top three songs by The Beatles?

The top three songs by The Beatles, according to Rolling Stone magazine, are "A Day in the Life", "Hey Jude", and "Yesterday".

2. Are there any other songs that are often considered to be among The Beatles' top three?

Some other popular choices for The Beatles' top three songs include "Let It Be", "Something", and "In My Life".

3. How were The Beatles able to produce so many hit songs?

The Beatles were incredibly talented musicians and songwriters who had a unique ability to blend different genres and styles to create catchy and memorable songs. They also had a strong work ethic and spent countless hours practicing and perfecting their craft.

4. Did The Beatles write all of their own songs?

Yes, The Beatles wrote the majority of their songs themselves. However, they did occasionally cover songs written by other artists.

5. What makes The Beatles' music so timeless and influential?

The Beatles' music is timeless and influential because it transcends generations and continues to resonate with people of all ages. Their songs are well-crafted and relatable, and their experimentation with different sounds and styles paved the way for future musicians and bands.