Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

The best Ancient Aliens yet !

1. Oct 26, 2013 #1

phinds

Gold Member
    2016 Award

the best "Ancient Aliens" yet !

Ancient Aliens is SO amazingly stupid and misinforming that it is sometime (rarely, I admit) actually hilarious, so I stop on it for a minute or two sometimes when I'm channel surfing just to see what kind of blather they have that night. On occasion, I get a good laugh.

The other night I saw what for me was the funniest statement that I think I've ever encountered there. They said that Einstein wasn't actually all that smart, he just had the unusual ability to communicate telepathically with Aliens. Maybe you had to be there, but I 'bout fell out of my chair. :smile:

That's what passes for science on the History Channel

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 26, 2013 #2

HallsofIvy

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

I thought everyone knew that!

4. Oct 26, 2013 #3

Borek

Staff: Mentor

It is not in my cable package. Seems like I am lucky.

5. Oct 26, 2013 #4
    I...Can't...Resist...
    Aliens-meme.jpg

While on the other side...
    1322519438372.jpg

6. Oct 26, 2013 #5

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Lol.

7. Oct 26, 2013 #6

Ibix

Science Advisor

8. Oct 26, 2013 #7

phinds

Gold Member
    2016 Award

9. Oct 26, 2013 #8
    It always amuses when people that find it hard to believe that life can start spontaneously, feel happy with the alien explanation as if that solves anything. They never stop to consider how alien life started.

If aliens came to Earth, why did they stop coming? Did Earth lose its popularity as an alien tourist destination? Do they consider their task of kick starting the human race is completed? Were they chased off by the MIB? .... Wait ..... Maybe they are still here and are communicating telepathically with WBN !?????!!!?

10. Oct 26, 2013 #9

WannabeNewton

Science Advisor

My overlord has told me that you and I will cross paths soon...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPKCXvHnkjg

11. Oct 26, 2013 #10

I forgot how hilarious Patrick really was.

"I didn't even know!"

i.love.it.when.patrick.star.gets.excited.and.suddenly.develops.one.tooth.jpg

12. Oct 26, 2013 #11

dlgoff

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

13. Oct 27, 2013 #12

meBigGuy

Gold Member

I was communicating telepathically with the Earths' creators the other day and they mentioned how hard it was to create the Ancient Alien data. But not nearly so hard as faking the fossil record.

14. Oct 30, 2013 #13

SteamKing

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

I was listening to some alien show the other day where it was claimed that the Bush family and Queen Elizabeth (for some reason) were in fact descended from aliens which had the form of giant reptiles. Boy, that's a relief! I thought it was just me that had those notions.

15. Oct 31, 2013 #14

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I love to tune in from time to time to see just how far they will go now. The tales keep getting thicker and thicker! I think it has been reduced to a game to see who can be the most outrageous.

My favorite statement so far came from the crazy Swiss guy with the hair.

~ "so if the secret pirate's treasure turns out to be the Ark of the Covenant, well, that could only mean that it came from aliens!"

I had to stop what I was doing to think about that one LOL!!! I don't even want to know how he got from A to B, to Pluto.

16. Nov 5, 2013 #15

Borg

Gold Member

I saw two minutes of Ancient Aliens for the first time yesterday. That was all I could take. Even though I knew about it, I was unprepared for the level of crackpottery that I was hearing. He was claiming that we have "rediscovered" the technology of biometric sensors - specifically ones where only the owner of a gun can fire it. He was stating that this the reason that only King Authur could pull the sword from the stone was that it was calibrated to his hand. I kept waiting for the punch line where he would say that it was "Excalibrated". :rolleyes:

17. Nov 5, 2013 #16
    I have always been amused by the people who believe in UFOs. Whenever I hear of ‘lights in the sky’ sightings I have to wonder, if a civilization had the technology to travel light-years between the stars, why can’t they turn off their headlights?

18. Nov 5, 2013 #17
  19. Nov 5, 2013 #18

Borg

Gold Member

Nope. You're confusing him with his avatar. BTW, I'm not really a husky.

20. Nov 5, 2013 #19

Office_Shredder

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

What, and get 3 points on their license?

21. Nov 5, 2013 #20
    Yoh! He had me fooled. Much like our alien president.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook