Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

The Best Malapropisms

1. May 7, 2009 #1

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

- wiki

The food thread reminded me of a sign that advertised "all orgasmically grown vegetables".

I once called the parks department with a question about anadromous fish, but instead asked about androgynous fish. At first I couldn't figure out why the person started laughing hysterically.

2. jcsd
  3. May 7, 2009 #2

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

Oh crap, Ivan. I just sprayed popcorn all over my laptop. Orgasmically grown. Too funny.

There was this old thread back from 2006:

https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=121390

But Orgasmically Grown is definitely new. The best new one I have is from a letter that the apartment manager lady wrote in her good-bye letter to us residents today (she's moving on to manage a larger apartment complex under the same corporate umbrella). She was explaining how the new position was still a part of the same family....

"I will still be apart of the corporate family..."

4. May 7, 2009 #3

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Glad to be of service. :biggrin: I think I saw it on some roadstand along the I-5, in California. I assume it was intentional as an eye-catcher. It worked.

Perhaps it should have been orgasmically groan?

5. May 7, 2009 #4
    When my daughter was 3 year old, for the teacher appreciation day, we bought a gift for her teacher and taught her to say "Thank you for teaching me". Later we decided to skip the speech part; she kept on saying "Thank you for cheating me".

6. May 7, 2009 #5
  7. May 7, 2009 #6

matthyaouw

Gold Member

I know I've heard loads of these, but I can't think of any pacific examples

:wink:

8. May 7, 2009 #7

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

The police are not here to create disorder, they're here to preserve disorder.
    - Richard Daley, former Chicago mayor

9. May 7, 2009 #8

OmCheeto

Gold Member
    2016 Award

I learned to malapropriate from this lady:

http://www.hulu.com/watch/2364/saturday-night-live-weekend-update-emily-litella-on-violins-on-tv [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2017
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook