• Thread starter Saint
  • Start date

Main Question or Discussion Point

I like this one

yahoo music

Answers and Replies

jimmy p
Gold Member
I recommend www.allmusic.com too, I find it most useful when looking for bands that are influenced by others and such.

chroot
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I don't listen to music from websites -- I read reviews, and find new artists and so on. I have no idea which sites are good for streaming audio.

- Warren

yahoo music is good, very easy to watch and listen to online MTV.

chroot
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Unfortunately, a cursory scan of Yahoo's music page indicates very little music I'd actually enjoy listening to.

- Warren

chroot said:
very little music I'd actually enjoy listening to.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
pedantic :tongue2:

I agree :redface:

BobG
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Yahoo is pretty good provided you create your own station. It takes awhile to build up enough preferences, etc, and, at first, you get quite a few songs that you choose "never make me listen to this song again". But, eventually you get the songs you like best played quite often, plus new songs by your favorite artists, plus some semi-random songs based on the songs you've already included on your station.

They have a fair assortment of small label, non-mainstream artists, but not great (much better than you can find on the local radio stations here in Colorado Springs). Not nearly as good as Napster used to be, where if you had downloaded a few songs from the same person, you could decide it might just be worth browsing his directory and trying a few artists you'd never heard of with a pretty good chance you'd like them.