Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

The best online music website

1. Sep 22, 2004 #1
    I like this one

yahoo music

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 22, 2004 #2

chroot

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

4. Sep 22, 2004 #3

jimmy p

Gold Member

I recommend www.allmusic.com too, I find it most useful when looking for bands that are influenced by others and such.

5. Sep 23, 2004 #4
  6. Sep 23, 2004 #5

chroot

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I don't listen to music from websites -- I read reviews, and find new artists and so on. I have no idea which sites are good for streaming audio.

- Warren

7. Sep 23, 2004 #6
    yahoo music is good, very easy to watch and listen to online MTV.

8. Sep 23, 2004 #7

chroot

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Unfortunately, a cursory scan of Yahoo's music page indicates very little music I'd actually enjoy listening to.

- Warren

9. Sep 23, 2004 #8
    :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
    pedantic :tongue2:

I agree :redface:

10. Sep 23, 2004 #9

BobG

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Yahoo is pretty good provided you create your own station. It takes awhile to build up enough preferences, etc, and, at first, you get quite a few songs that you choose "never make me listen to this song again". But, eventually you get the songs you like best played quite often, plus new songs by your favorite artists, plus some semi-random songs based on the songs you've already included on your station.

They have a fair assortment of small label, non-mainstream artists, but not great (much better than you can find on the local radio stations here in Colorado Springs). Not nearly as good as Napster used to be, where if you had downloaded a few songs from the same person, you could decide it might just be worth browsing his directory and trying a few artists you'd never heard of with a pretty good chance you'd like them.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?