Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

The best review for everyting?

1. Jul 1, 2013 #1
    I'm starting my junior year in physics after a year out of the system. What do you think are some of the best sources/books/etc for someone in my position?

I have a little under two months of time available to me.

I've been rereading my college text books cover to cover, and am wondering if there's something else I should throw in there. Still have Physics II, Calc III, and a half of Diff. Eq. left to cover. Anything else I should throw in there?

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 1, 2013 #2
    If you're just starting out you will likely be required to take all these classes despite your self-study. However, if you've completed all these classes before and have taken time off I would recommend a heavy dose of any mathematical subjects you've covered so far.

If you have enough time I would recommend covering some introductory vector-calculus based EM because its some of the more challenging intro physics (both in terms of math and concepts) for a lot of people.

4. Jul 1, 2013 #3
    Yes, I've taken the classes before, but forgotten most of it. Am rereading everything, and it's going smoothly.

Thanks for the advise about EM, I remember reading that somewhere else as well. Electromagnetic theory is not fun apparently, and I am scheduled for that class. I'll try to warm up to the subject in advance.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook