The big crunch

Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member

Main Question or Discussion Point

I really love what I do, but right now I'm stuck in one of the worst modes that goes with the turf: 16 hrs+ a day, seven days a week, and no immediate end in sight. :yuck:

I'm getting too old for this. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Answers and Replies

what exactly do you do that is so time consuming

He writes essays on the genitalia of barnyard animals.

How long 'til retirement?

Math Is Hard
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
zoobyshoe said:
He writes essays on the genitalia of barnyard animals.
I guess the tricky part is getting the animal to hold still.

oh jeez, 16 hours a day..thats way WAY to much. People have been known to go crazy... see things like wild flocks of wild birds drinking pop or cats dancing pagan style with deers in the fields!

Math Is Hard said:
I guess the tricky part is getting the animal to hold still.
Hah Hah! I didn't see that interpretation when I posted. :)

Archon
Ivan Seeking said:
I really love what I do, but right now I'm stuck in one of the worst modes that goes with the turf: 16 hrs+ a day, seven days a week, and no immediate end in sight. :yuck:

I'm getting too old for this. :cry: :cry: :cry:
I guess you'll just have to suffer through the big crunch until the Big Crunch. :smile:

Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
blimkie said:
what exactly do you do that is so time consuming
I do systems integration for industrial automation; that is, when I'm not writing essays on the genitalia of barnyard animals...

I got a break!!! :surprised I was on-site today and the electricians aren't even done yet. :rolleyes:

Integral
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Is there anyway to prove the true identity of the poster? As far as I can tell Ivan has vanished. Could it be that Tsu has buried him along side the deer? Could she be hiding a heinous crime? Is she making these posts to delay discovery? I am thinking about dropping in, but what if she gets me also???? Ivan, is it really you? What do you have to say about a green apple martini?

Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Integral said:
Is there anyway to prove the true identity of the poster? As far as I can tell Ivan has vanished. Could it be that Tsu has buried him along side the deer? Could she be hiding a heinous crime? Is she making these posts to delay discovery? I am thinking about dropping in, but what if she gets me also???? Ivan, is it really you? What do you have to say about a green apple martini?
:rofl: Sorry Integral. For what it's worth, Tsu never sees me either...but then she prefers it that way. :biggrin: Hopefully, only one more weekend and I'll be getting past things. The last few weeks have been nuts: I get up, walk to my office, and sit in front of my computer for about 16 hours straight...I haven't even been stopping to eat. It has been about 20 days straight now...as near as I can remember. :yuck: On the plus side, the customer is going to love their new system. :approve:

Integral
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Ivan Seeking said:
:rofl: Sorry Integral. For what it's worth, Tsu never sees me either...but then she prefers it that way. :biggrin: Hopefully, only one more weekend and I'll be getting past things. The last few weeks have been nuts: I get up, walk to my office, and sit in front of my computer for about 16 hours straight...I haven't even been stopping to eat. It has been about 20 days straight now...as near as I can remember. :yuck: On the plus side, the customer is going to love their new system. :approve:
Sure Tsu, thats what you keep telling us....

now WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH IVAN????

ps looking forward to getting together again! :rofl:

Evo
Mentor
hypatia said:
oh jeez, 16 hours a day..thats way WAY to much. People have been known to go crazy... see things like wild flocks of wild birds drinking pop or cats dancing pagan style with deers in the fields!
:rofl: <wipes tears from her eyes> :rofl:

Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Evo said:
:rofl: <wipes tears from her eyes> :rofl:
I don't think that's funny at all! :grumpy:

Now, I'm going back to watching my turkeys do the hussle. :tongue: