The Bold Acronym Game: How to Play

• Thread starter JamesU
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Game
In summary: Robbed!In summary, the game is called " jabberwocky ", and the acronym for it is "Friendly, Internally-Ruled Spruce Treelike". Every player attempts to write a sentence using the word jabberwocky, but it always comes out as nonsense.
JamesU
Gold Member
This is how it works:

One person writes a sentance, and bolds one word. The next person has to write a sentance, using that word as an acronym. for instance:

howitworks said:
Hello, my name is yomamma!

No Apples, Make Entrées

see? try to make your sentance make sense.

I'll start off:

This is the first sentance of the game

Physics news on Phys.org
yomamma said:
This is the first sentance of the game

Fall Into Roman Snakes Trehugger!

oooo, i bolded something inside my something,oooo

oooo

Stupid nasty apples killed every student.

killing indeginous lepricons evolved dramtically.

I have no idea what mede me write that. :smile:

oops forgot about the double "l" added "lonely" infront of lepricons

Tzar said:
killing indeginous lepricons evolved dramtically.

I have no idea what mede me write that. :smile:
it's on :devil:

Every volcanic oysterly lampshade vehemently eats drapes

very enthusiastically he eats my ear, noisily talking, laughing "YES!"

Nice and long one for you :biggrin:

every neverending tree has undoubtable stains in a stupid, toothless, icky, cloudy yam

Tzar said:
very enthusiastically he eats my ear, noisily talking, laughing "YES!"

Nice and long one for you :biggrin:

entry nests thrust hepaticocholangiocholecystently unsually systematically in a surely tampermental insertion calculated as long length yes?

:biggrin:

EDIT: Yomamma, :cry: :devil:

@ moose

hoping every person at terry's inscence company opened cool halogens, otto left a noodle gig in olive colored hampers. Opening losing ebbing cycles yesterday stayed thumping every noose today, loser yam

I never supposed complete entropy negated calming enthalpy.

clams also like most integers, never geese.

Great game idea by the way.

I never take every **game** enormously redundant seriously

Going after medals enthustiastically.

Shouldn't the acronym be directly substitutible for the word? (that's what an acronym is, isn't it?)

eg. Moose's sentence is now 'This is the (Fall Into Roman Snakes Trehugger!) sentance of the game.'

Seems to me, it would behoove Moose (ahah) to make his Acronym an adjective, like the word he was given: 'first'.

For example: First= Friendly, Internally-Ruled Spruce Treelike

So, now our sentence is:
'This is the (Friendly, Internally-Ruled Spruce Treelike) sentence of the game.'

While the sentence would semantically be jabberwocky, it would still be grammatically correct.

More clever, IMO.

Last edited:
Thanks selfAdjoint.

Even now that humble users scarecly try, its all stupid, typing incomprehensibly always looks like yomamma.

DaveC426913 said:
While the sentence would semantically be jabberwocky, it would still be grammatically correct.

Astonishing! Is this a hack?

The word in the above sentence was typed as - and continues to display in edit-mode as = "jabberwocky".

jabberwocky! "jabberwocky!"

J-A-B-B-E-R-W-O-C_K-Y.

I swear, the word I am typing and editing is J-A-B-B-E-R-W-O-C_K-Y.- in all of the above cases.

Last edited:
jabberwocky? What's jabberwocky?

errr... Jabber-wocky, what's jabber-wocky?

Well, JavaScript is a scripting language used on HTML pages, but what I don't understand is why I am incapable of displaying the word jabberwocky (J-A-B-B-E-R-W-O-C_K-Y) in this forum.

Dibs! I found it, I am laying claim to any Easter Egg prize!

Jabberwocky

Hunh, seems to work for me.

You must have the bug, not the PF.

Google it. It's a pvery famous poem (and a Monty Python film). It means "nonsense".

J abberwocky is a poem, and if you haven't heard of it, you're stupid.

I tried typing jabber-wocky before, it turned into javascript:

jabberwocky

pattylou said:
jabberwocky
Try it without the capital J.

This will henceforth be known as the DaveC426913-Jabberwocky Effect.

Dave, I discovered it a LONG time ago. sorry. it is the yomamma-Jabberwocky effect

yomamma said:
Dave, I discovered it a LONG time ago. sorry. it is the yomamma-Jabberwocky effect
:tongue2: I reported it. I've got a paper trail. nyah.

[Edit:] DOH! Robbed!

it's ñah, and I discovered it

It is officially: The yomamma-Jabberwocky effect

EDIT- it's D'oh!

1. How do you play "The Bold Acronym Game"?

The rules for playing "The Bold Acronym Game" are simple. One player starts by selecting a random acronym (such as NASA or LOL) and challenging the other players to come up with a creative and funny expansion for the acronym. The players then take turns sharing their expansions and the player with the most humorous and clever expansion wins the round.

2. How many players can participate in "The Bold Acronym Game"?

"The Bold Acronym Game" can be played with as few as two players and as many as you want. However, it is recommended to have at least three players for a more challenging and entertaining game.

3. Is there a time limit for coming up with an expansion for an acronym in "The Bold Acronym Game"?

No, there is no time limit for coming up with an expansion for an acronym in "The Bold Acronym Game". However, players should try to come up with their expansion within a reasonable amount of time to keep the game moving.

4. Can the acronym for "The Bold Acronym Game" be changed?

Yes, the acronym can be changed for each round of the game to keep it interesting and challenging. Players can also choose to use longer or more complex acronyms for a greater challenge.

5. Are there any variations to "The Bold Acronym Game"?

Yes, there are many variations to "The Bold Acronym Game" that can be played. For example, players can choose to use a theme for all of their expansions (such as movie titles or food items) or they can play in teams to come up with their expansions. The possibilities are endless!