Has Anyone Read The Book? Exploring the Impact of Fiction on Scientific Minds

• Thread starter sameandnot
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Book
In summary, the conversation is about a book referred to as "The Book" and its content, which includes a witty attack on the concept of self and personal experiences of awakening and understanding the unity of all things. One person recommends reading the book with the use of psychedelic drugs, while others express disinterest or preference for non-fiction books.
sameandnot
"The Book"

who has read it? anyone think they got It?

Physics news on Phys.org
Err, which one?

They renamed the hebrew bible, "The Book"? What for?

If you'd said right off "The Book by Alan Watts" it would have spared us the ambiguity.

"A witty attack on the illusion that the self is a separate ego that confronts a universe of alien physical objects."

Here's my favorite review on the book. :bugeye: Not my cup of tea.

The Book got rid of me

"I read The Book in 1968. Afterwards I took some acid. What happened next can't be explained very well. The I that was me disappeared. What was left was clear and bright. Every face was my face. Every thing was what I was. It was so perfectly obvious. I felt I had awakened and just got clued into this great joke. I was always home and didn't know it. The glasses I was looking for were sitting on my nose! Peek a boo I see you! Nothing was out of place. Smog in the air, flowers blooming on the hill."

This is torah?

So you mean I need to get the book AND some tabs?

has no one read this book?
this would be a shame, indeed.

Sorry, I'm not into fiction books. :grumpy:

Reminds me that I should finish up my reading of "I want to be a Mathematician" by Halmos. It made me laugh numerous times already.

1. Has anyone read "The Book" before?

Yes, many people have read "The Book" and it is a popular novel among readers.

2. What is "The Book" about?

"The Book" is a fictional story about a group of friends who embark on a journey to find a mysterious book that is said to hold the secrets to the universe.

3. Who is the author of "The Book"?

The author of "The Book" is John Smith, who is known for writing thought-provoking and imaginative novels.

4. Is "The Book" a series or a standalone novel?

"The Book" is a standalone novel, but there are rumors that the author is planning to write a sequel.

5. Is "The Book" based on a true story?

No, "The Book" is a work of fiction and is not based on a true story. However, some events or characters may be inspired by real-life experiences or people.