The Cartoon laws of physics

In summary: Notice that it's always thin males who get the nosebleeds. The other males just turn red in the face.In summary, the conversation is about various comedic laws and theories in cartoons and anime, such as the Law of Sonic Amplification and the Law of Nasal Sanguination. The conversation also includes a humorous website about cartoon physics and a website about anime laws. The conversation also touches on the concept of "Hammerspace" and the potential reasons behind nosebleeds in cartoon characters.
Anttech
http://webpages.marshall.edu/~hartwel1/humor/MISC/CARTOON_PHYSICS.HTML

Cartoon Law I
Any body suspended in space will remain in space until made aware of its situation.

Daffy Duck steps off a cliff, expecting further pastureland. He loiters in midair, soliloquizing flippantly, until he chances to look down. At this point, the familiar principle of 32 feet per second takes over.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
I love that site.

Laws of anime:
http://www.abcb.com/laws/

Law of Sonic Amplification, First Law of Anime Acoustics

In space, loud sounds, like explosions, are even louder because there is no air to get in the way.

Law of Inherent Combustability

Everything explodes. Everything.

First Corollary - Anything that explodes bulges first.

Second Corollary - Large cities are the most explosive substances known to human science. Tokyo in particular seems to be the most unstable of these cities, sometimes referred to as "The Matchstick City".

This can be summed up in 1 word: rofl.

#

Law of Melee Luminescence

(from U. Williams)

Any being displaying extremely high levels of martial arts prowess and/or violent emotions emits light in the form of a glowing aura. This aura is usually blue for 'good guys' and red for 'bad guys'. This is attributed to Good being higher in the electromagnetic spectrum than Evil.

ahahahahahaha

Law of Nasal Sanguination

(from Ryan Pritchard and Jason Aylen)

When sexually aroused, males in Anime don't get erections, they get nosebleeds. No one's sure why this is, though... the current theory suggests that larger eyes means smaller sinuses and thinner sinus tissue (see Law #38 above). Females don't get nosebleeds, but invariably get one heck of a blush along the cheeks and across the nose, suggesting a lot of bloodflow to that region.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Last edited:
Law of Extradimensional Capacitance

(from Jason Bustard)

All anime females have an extradimensional storage space of variable volume somewhere on their person from which they can instantly retrieve any object at a moment's notice.

First Corollary (The Hammer Rule) - The most common item stored is a heavy mallet, which can be used with unerring accuracy on any male who deserves it. Other common items include costumes/uniforms, power suits/armor, and large bazookas.
My favourite part.

haha oh man, i wish i had a girl who could spontaneously produce rocket launchers out of their shirts.

Great link, Anttech! Love it!

Pengwuino said:
i wish i had a girl who could spontaneously produce rocket launchers out of their shirts.
I know a few with some pretty nice torpedoes, but no rockets.

(from Jason Bustard)

All anime females have an extradimensional storage space of variable volume somewhere on their person from which they can instantly retrieve any object at a moment's notice.

First Corollary (The Hammer Rule) - The most common item stored is a heavy mallet, which can be used with unerring accuracy on any male who deserves it. Other common items include costumes/uniforms, power suits/armor, and large bazookas.

Otherwise known as Hammerspace. It is possible that only females are able to access this extra dimension.

Smurf said:

(from Jason Bustard)

:rofl: Well, we don't have much choice since they never put decent pockets in women's clothing. :rofl:

Oh, and I like this one that Pengwuino listed:
aw of Nasal Sanguination

(from Ryan Pritchard and Jason Aylen)

When sexually aroused, males in Anime don't get erections, they get nosebleeds. No one's sure why this is, though... the current theory suggests that larger eyes means smaller sinuses and thinner sinus tissue (see Law #38 above).

:rofl: :rofl:
I suspect that's more likely a problem of a defective pressure-release valve in male cartoon characters forcing the blood flow to back up in the wrong direction and finally to break through at the weakest point.

1. What are the Cartoon laws of physics?

The Cartoon laws of physics are a set of principles that govern the physical world depicted in cartoons and animated media. They are often exaggerated or unrealistic, but are used to create humor and entertainment.

2. Are the Cartoon laws of physics based on real science?

No, the Cartoon laws of physics are purely fictional and are not based on real scientific principles. They are used for comedic effect and are not meant to be taken seriously.

3. Who came up with the Cartoon laws of physics?

The concept of the Cartoon laws of physics has been around for a long time and there is no one specific person who can be credited with their creation. They have evolved over time and have been used in various forms of media.

4. Are the Cartoon laws of physics consistent across all cartoons?

No, the Cartoon laws of physics vary from cartoon to cartoon and even within the same cartoon series. They are often used creatively and can change depending on the needs of the story or joke being told.

5. Can the Cartoon laws of physics be applied to real life?

No, the Cartoon laws of physics are not meant to be applied to real life. They are meant to be humorous and are not based on real scientific principles. Attempting to apply them to real life situations could result in dangerous or impossible outcomes.